New, never driven ZR1

I buy parts from a wrecking yard owner at his house. With a day's notice, the parts are waiting on the front step and I give the check to his wife on my way home from work.
Yesterday, I drove up in my '91 C4. "Is that a ZR1?" she asked. "No, I wish."
"We have one here in the garage. It has 74 miles on it."
?!?!??!!
Turns out, they bought it as an investment, hauled it home on a roll back, and put it in the garage where it's sat ever since. It has one test drive at the dealer on it.
Unbelievable!
-rev
LOLOLOL I certainly hope they don't work in the field of investment counseling for the public. PFFFFTTTTT
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

Sad but true.
Of the 6939 ZR1's produced between 1990 and 1995 a little over half have been accounted for. More than a few have met their untimely demise, either on the race track or on the street. There's pictures of at least 6 wrecked ZR1's at www.wreckedexotics.com, The rest remain hidden away in storage, awaiting the day when they bring as big a return for their owners as a '69 ZL1 or an unmolested L88 coupe. Which isn't likely to happen anytime soon.
There were also 84 "Evaluation" pre-production ZR1's made in 1989. Most were probably returned to GM to be crushed, however a few (unknown exactly how many) were spared and still exist today. There are also a small handful, maybe as many as a dozen or so pre-production mules and test cars that somehow escaped the crusher. Not to mention the 3 or 4 that were crushed and left to rot in a field somewhere near the Lotus production facility in Norfolk England that were discovered by Corvette/ZR1 enthusiasts and revived/restored. These cars will probably be worth quite a lot sometime in the future.
TomC '90ZR1 #792

Sad but true, by the time it is worth what they paid for it that money in a low interest CD will have been worth 2 ZR1s. If you every see a ZR1 catch a true L88 value our date will start out as Three Thousand and whatever.
You're doing what the ZR1 was built to do, be driven for the fun of driving a great car, not sit in a garage collecting dust and very little added value.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

more money than brains that couple