news groups vanishing

It seems that ATT is no longer going to have access to these news/help groups after 7/15. What news/help groups do you folks use that you could recommend after they shut this down ? Where will we find advice and help
from the more experienced folks like Dad, Bob G, Key, Tom in Missouri, etc. Do you suppose ATT will reduce their monthly subscription charge for internet service after they reduce that service ? Ha !

www.newsguy.com
W Moore wrote:

Usenet is dying. The biggest problem isn't that you will be losing Usenet service, but that the entirety of ATT users will be, so casual users who before may stumble into newsgroups will not really be able to now.
Things change. This isn't for the better, as web boards suck. But they have one advantage. Usenet is like any other public resource - eventually, the transients and vandals ruin it for everyone. Web boards for the most part keep that out, and that has accounted for alot of the migration away from Usenet.
Venger
Venger wrote:

Road Runner didn't reduce their charge. -- pj

http://www.eternal-september.org /
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

A FaceBook group of Corvette enthusiasts would be efficient. Lot easier to read/post than UseNet. There are currently about 10 Corvette groups on FaceBook, the largest of which has 1,441 members - it is named CORVETTE!!!!!!!!

After looking into this further, there are about 500 groups varying in membership from 2 to 1,500. If there is any interest, I will set up "Alt Autos Corvette" and I will moderate the group or preferably, join with someone else moderating. In most groups you simply "join." I would suggest that people need to "Request To Join" Alt Autos Corvette.
I'll do it with only two positive responses.

After looking into this further, there are about 500 groups varying in membership from 2 to 1,500. If there is any interest, I will set up "Alt Autos Corvette" and I will moderate the group or preferably, join with someone else moderating. In most groups you simply "join." I would suggest that people need to "Request To Join" Alt Autos Corvette.
I'll do it with only two positive responses.
Are attempting a moderated forum? Or a news group? I'm not following this. Those with att can always go with a different reader and continue on.
Corvette Forum already exists for those who want moderated forums.
Roy wrote:

I'll add that it is the best forum I have ever seen.

concur - if this forum goes away CF will more than make up for the loss.
On or about Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:11:34 GMT, "W Moore"

http://forums.corvetteforum.com /
As of this morning: Threads: 2,090,312, Posts: 30,048,559, Members: 219,473