No Start (Further Diag)

Got my factory service manuals out..... GEEZE Could they make it any harder to find what you are looking for, and how to diagnose it, bouncing between both books... arrgghh
OK Said to check for codes. Got: CODE 41 Ignition Control (IC) Circuit (Open Circuit) Flow Chart starts at Clear DTC Crank for 15 seconds, Does code reset.
Now my first question is clearing codes: Google has conflicting info. Some say disconnect Neg Bat terminal for 10 seconds. Others say disconnect Bat Cable AND turn on headlight switch for 5 to 10 minutes.
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:

Thanks Bob, just what I needed. Going to do the Service Manual Flow Chart Next with Multimeter & Test Light.
Even at the end of the flow chart the final box states "open circuit OR bad module" Called Auto Zone and the guy said it couldn't be returned, 80 bucks. uggh :-)
Bob I wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040503010009080607020302 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
tww1491 wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

I know you said you can smell gas...... Did you try spraying starting fluid in the intake ?
it ran when you parked it,
kickstart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020505040605040600050603 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
kickstart wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

In 2003, when my 2000 C5 was still under warranty, the headlights would sometimes come up, and one would go down, or they would blink - very erratic. Took it in and they replaced the headlight switch stock. Not being a dummy, I tested them and the service manager came out and apologized - nobody tested it after the fix, just "assumed," So he gave me a loaner car and I went back to get it in two days and not being a dummy, tested it and the service manager came out to apologize. Then GM Detroit got involved and they replaced every computer on the car - I got it back, tested it, and it worked. Wonder what that would be out of warranty?

In 2003, when my 2000 C5 was still under warranty, the headlights would sometimes come up, and one would go down, or they would blink - very erratic. Took it in and they replaced the headlight switch stock. Not being a dummy, I tested them and the service manager came out and apologized - nobody tested it after the fix, just "assumed," So he gave me a loaner car and I went back to get it in two days and not being a dummy, tested it and the service manager came out to apologize. Then GM Detroit got involved and they replaced every computer on the car - I got it back, tested it, and it worked. Wonder what that would be out of warranty?
Clueless is the operative word. I found that to he true in early 70s when I had my 454.

person shop in San Antonio. This guy was also an expert on converting imported sports cars like Ferraris to meet EPA requirements at the time. Also did all my own work on my Honda CB 750-4 and Triumph Bonneville before that.

the number on "every computer on the car". I'll help you by starting you out with 10241014. Thanks.

Dad, The story is true. What they actually did I will never know. Here is all I have.
10304930 16523917 11505463 16530235 26075870
3 separate visits.
Bob

Dad, The story is true. What they actually did I will never know. Here is all I have.
10304930 - computer/connector 16523917 - Concealed Headlamp Control Module 11505463 - Concealed Headlamp Control Module 16530235 - Concealed Capsule/Headlamp Control Drive 26075870 - Switch
3 separate visits.
Bob
10241014 no longer exist and shows no replacement but assume it is now 10304930. The other items are switches/relays and a drive motor, close to $2,000 worth at their cost. Other than their failure to identify a bad part I'd much rather they change it while they have it tore down. Saves on the broken stuff for multi tear downs.
Thanks for the up date.