Non GM Brakes for C5

Can anyone report a success story with 3rd party (like Brake Check etc) brake pads on a C5? The reason for asking is I suspect my hand brake pads need to be changed.

The parking brakes are "shoes". Are you asking about 3rd party parking brake shoes,(very low turnover item) or are you contemplating changing out the rear brake pads(lots of replacements)? If it's the "shoes" you are talking about, are you sure they need to be replaced and are not just way out of adjustment? Check the link below. http://www.corvetteforum.com/techtips/viewsubtopic.php?SubTopicID 8&TopicID=1
aRKay wrote:

Great tip.... going to check it out

The other poster is correct. You have shoes for the parking brake and I am sure the aftermarket for these are slim. Also, they probably just need to be adjusted. Now, if you use the parking brake while you drive will cause the shoes to wear out quickly or if you leave the brake on. My guess is that they need adjustment.