old dry fiberglass?

A few years ago I picked up a wrecked 73. I replaced all the damaged bodyparts with aftermarket panels and had it painted. It's been my daily driver for three years, but now the paint is peeling on most of the
origional body panels in a big way. Since I am going to have to go through it again this spring, is there something or any recomendations to condition the fiberglass itself prior to priming? All of the newer panels are still perfect? Thanks, Keith
Keith Bennett wrote:

Who painted it? No warranty?

entire surface. The resin will be as good as the gel coat on the replacement parts. Nasty job and hard to sand, but worth it. Then again ask your paint supplier if you can get away with 1 or 2 coats of epoxy primer and then follow it up with urethane primer before you start block sanding. Pay close attention to the primer and how long it can be on before you spray the next coat and the finish coat. There are brands/types of the primer that should not be sanded and others you can't sand enough. Some just get to hard for paint to stick without sanding.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51