ON TOPIC : When do you put your Corvette away for the winter ?

Mine goes into hybernation up here in northern illinois on Nov. 1st...just before the first snow flies. I keep it in a heated garage at 35 f. with the cover on. , and, do an oil change and lube just before
retiring it. I also put the insurance on comprehensive only till March 1st.
What do u do ?

In the old days when I had my 71 454, I drove it year round. It was a little dicey in snow, but we did not have much in Texas... just an ice storm every now and then. When I moved to Washington D.C. I rode the bus in bad weather -- but ran the car year round again.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

It gets garaged on the evening of the last day of autumn.
I get it out of the garage the following morning (first day of winter).
If it's below 55 deg. I drive to work without the roof panel.
When I get to work, I call a buddy in our Rochester office and gripe about the cold weather.
-- pj
I envy those guys in Arizona who can drive their vettes year round . But im sure the summer sun fades the paint pretty quick.

winter just means i can put the glass top back on, but it's only used when it's parked not at home. we never stop using them, and the paint doesn't fade either. i have a 94 and 96, and they look pretty new.
regards, charlie cave creek, az
I'm in Indianapolis and I drive a 1996 and a 2003, 2 days and 3 days a week respectively, to work year round. The '96 does a little better in snow. On the two or three days each season when the street in front of the house isn't plowed in time and the snow is deep enough to high-center the vettes, I either take a day off or borrow my wife's Jeep. She prefers the former but I don't know if that's because she likes my company or if she's just worried about her Grand Cherokee.

Go to Florida. :-)
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:43:58 -0400, "Tom in Missouri"

though about spending much time in Florida...maybe this winter Those thought may again return...who knows...
HOWEVER I put my cars away for the winter on Thanksgiving day...(Turkey Day around this house and I am not a big fan of Turkey..prefer a good hamburger with a slice of onion over turkey any day... ) and I Open the garage doors on April Fools day every April ....Wife tells me I'm a Turkey & a Fool so those dates work for me..
IF I had a way to get the cars out in the winter I most likely would but since I have to drive across the back lawn, then thru a gate and over my front lawn just to get to the road once stored the cars stay stored..
Bob G.
There are no seasons in California. ;-).

Dad wrote:

We don't know 'wet.' That 'mud slide' reported in L.A. was actually a half-empty horse trough that got kicked over.
-- pj

That leaves hot and fire, sounds like dave's worst nightmare.
We broke a record here yesterday of 91 degrees from 1891, global warming must have started long ago. Al's is helping by blocking out the sun when ever he gets up from the table.
Dad, wrote the following at or about 9/25/2007 9:44 AM:

Yeah, but when you consider all the CO2 and other hot gases emitted everytime he opens his mouth, it's probably not even a wash.
'That leaves hot and fire, sounds like dave's worst nightmare.'
REPLY: No...i like bonfires at night with marshmellows roasting.
Use my "86 all year but it stays in the garage for long periods of time due to wet roads ,snow,salt etc..... JOEVETTE

You forgot earthquake.
Rain is only occasionally, and in the winter (beats snow and ice).
And we don't have the tornado, hurricane, and blizzard seasons, which kill more people almost every year than our "seasons".