Opinions?

I have looked at an '82 CE. No longer a numbers matching car (not important to me), it has a 350/330 horse GM crate engine and a 700R4 crate transmission, both with about
4,000 miles on them. It has a MI salvage title, but I've seen pictures and documentation that show that there was no frame damage. It has a new exhaust system and new stainless brake calipers. Interior is in good shape for a 28 year old car. New Goodyear Eagles on the CE wheels. 88,000 miles on odometer. I can get it for $7200. Good deal or not?
--
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." -- Cornelius Tacitus
(55-117 A.D.)

Also has a new set of Bilsteins.
KO

Wouldn't do it.
1) Salvage Title 2) Number don't match...is that important this year? 3) Rubber Bumper cars (74-82) don't have a lot of collectibility 4) 80-82 was one of the biggest wiring harness fiasco years. I know my 81 is a nightmare electrical system
Save up a little more and get a 92-96. Much better car. Remember to tap out the drain hole on the water pump on those years and run a drain hose far away from the coil pack....

Thanks for your response.
Ken

I really do want a C3.
KO
If you want a C3 then get as old a one as you can afford. Chrome bumpers are the best. 75-82 were some of the worst Corvettes made of that style. Also the 84-91 were ones not worth writing home about either. Rattle boxes with leaks.
97 they started to get real good and fast too! starting in 97 they got rid of the rattles, the leaks, they handle good and ride good too. Much better value than same year Ferrari. Remeber the 2 happiest days in a Ferrari owners life. The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Wish I still had my 71 454 roadster with the 4spd. Even though they detuned the engine in 71 (365 hp gross), the car had great torque and was quite reliable and easy to keep up. Of course, like most Vettes of the time, when you bought it you spent the first several months of ownership getting it through final assembly at the dealer. But, once the new car bugs were solved, mine was a great car.

Then you can find better deals at that money. At least somehting with a 4-speed and hopefully chrome bumper too.
The '82 only has a "last of its kind" going for it. But overall it's nothing special at all.
-W

No, it's not a bad deal........ if you can live with an '82 CE. :))
-W