Opinions Please

Looking for some opinions, received quite a bit of help her on my last purchase, esp from Dad, trouble is my wife took it over, so I am once more looking. I Have found two cars that I am interested in, both are

6 speed, look cherry, and have a good bill of health from A local corvette club inspector.

The first is a 96 LT4 with 38k on it for 15k

The second is a 98 with 65k on it for 17k

Both are the targa style of top, and look like they have never spent a day outside the garage, everything works and air blows cold, so can I ask what one is the better deal and why?

I am just the weekend, sunny day type of driver, like to drive fast, but not really into corners, had a real bad experience with one a few years ago.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Nada

IMO the 98 they are just better built cars and look and handle better Besides I own one...

Just my 2 cents

Sorry about the line key...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

incase you may be interested ? note; to make the "¢" sign. hold the "alt" key while entering the number 155...

just my 2¢

Reply to
'Key

Tough one. Lower miles usually better. I had a 96 then an 01. The 01 is better,easier to get in and out, and easier daily driver.

96 has a great engine, character and very nice seats if sport seats.

I was never really confident in the c4, the c5 is just so much more sound.

96 is a better deal, I think for the money.

Bottom line is drive them both and buy the one YOU like better.

Reply to
rebco10

Hmmmm lets see 155 ah man 155 ah Sh*t one more try ¢

Just messing LOL

Thx Key I did not know how you did that....

Holy crap if you hold down "alt" and push 155155155 you get ?

Key can you tell me how to make "ÿ" without a copy paste each time I use it? notice the 2 dots above it... Back in 95 when I came up with this name I looked at Mötley Crüe with the dots as you can see and the "i" in my sig has dots so I wanted it to be balanced...

ZÿRiX

With num lock on hold down alt and enter 0255 on the number key board = ÿ

If you don't want to remember all these numbers, you should try the little shareware utility PopChar from ergonis software

Reply to
Dad

Oops, scratch that PopChar, it turns out to be an expensive program, never used it, and it requires a renewal of the license ever 2 years.

Reply to
Dad

Very cool thx... ÿ

Reply to
ZÿRiX

"alt" while entering "152" = ÿ

g'day

Reply to
'Key

Use character map in windows. All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Character Map

Reply to
tar~bal

thanks for the info about the character map. Never really used it. however, to make "ÿ", holding the "alt" key while entering the number 152 is much easier and quicker...

my2¢

Reply to
'Key