Optispark- Delteq

Ok...replaced the hi-voltage side of the opti-spark on my 1993 Vette with a four coil set up from Delteq..runs great and apparently no more wet optispark problems..bought their bare bones system and used a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado 4 coil /module unit..( Cost $12.00 ) from the local pull it yourself junk yard. .The 4 coils mount on top of the drivers side valve cover..took less than two hours to install not counting the new Delteq plugs wires..(.knuckle buster job )....nice afternoon effort... Car idles smoother than ever..TIP..remove the splash cover around the drivers wheel well and move the ASR unit to get at the plug wires.....on cly # 8..find a left handed friend with a strong grip to get that wire on the sparkplug...if interested you can download the Delteq installation manual and all the info from their website.NOTE..I did not have to replace the old opti unit since the optical part was still OK...the problems with the opti units is nominally confined to the hi voltage side. Any questions or photos email me at: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Hope this helps some one like it helped me.

Reply to
grayfox