OT : Beretta Tomcat .32 or S & W Airweight .38 spec ???

The Dealer im going thru has both of these . Dont know which to get. I understand that the .32 cal. is the absolute minimum for self defense but I understand the Tomcat can shoot HP rounds which would make it more
lethal. I love semi autos and i love the size of the Tomcat for CCW. On the other hand, I know the S & W Airweight Revolver has a good reputation and is more powerful.
Can you give me your first hand experience with either of these please ?
This dealer wants : $379 for the Beretta new. And $419 for the S & W new (which is some $70 off the msrp.).
Please help with experiences , problems, etc .
Thanks. Dave
I just got the S&W MP .40 with night sights http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId 101&storeId001&productId'806&langId=-1&parent_category_rn711&isFirearm=Y I chose it because of its fit to my hand and overall size also considered was the Wather P99AS http://www.waltheramerica.com/firearms/p99as.cfm
consider features: Safety..Got kids in your house? adaptability..you a lefty? assesssories..been around a while to make buying holsters, extra clips, etc? feild strip procedure..
dont decide over a 70$ difference. all that is ..is a few boxes of bullets
--
RS
2006 FLSTNI
'Safety..Got kids in your house? adaptability..you a lefty? assesssories..been around a while to make buying holsters, extra clips, etc? feild strip procedure..'
REPLY: No kids in the house. No wife either. Im a righty , only. Sure ive been around...been to Canada, England, and Mexico on vacations. I have a Glock .45 cal so im real familiar with breaking down a gun for cleaning and lubing . Ive already researched holsters of many kinds. Just dont know if i want the Tomcat or the S and W since theyre so close in price ($379 versus $419).