"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
✖
> Mine's a real address. Is yours?

Nope. Got too much goddam SPAM.
TomC '90ZR1 #792
Add pictures here
✖

Very little spam I get comes from usenet. I use my real address but I put "usenet" in front of the @ sign (.ie. snipped-for-privacy@stephenhorrilo.com) so I can track where they're getting my address. Very little spam comes from usenet. Most of the spam I get is generated ramdomly or is taken from sites link livingnet or the mls.
Don't like smam? Don't use email. Don't like commercials. Don't watch TV. Don't like ads. Move to a communist country.
You smam fighters really need to get a life, a job, or a girlfrind/ lover, masterbate more often, or something to vent your frustrations in a productive way. Life is too short to bicker over this sort of nonsense.
Again, I empor you to get back on topic.
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
✖
Steve Horrillo wrote: = = = = = snip = = = =

So, In light of the above, I can conclude that this isn't a casual tag link, it is intentional barrage advertising.
.... PJ

--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
PJ wrote:

Thanks PJ.
Add pictures here
✖
Crabs wrote:

Tom, when I first found Usenet many years ago, I foolishly & naievely posted my real name and e-mail address. Within a week, I was bombarded with SPAM and every virus known to man and some not yet known! <lol> I very quickly changed my e-mail address and created a nom-de-plume. No problems since.
Add pictures here
✖
Crabs wrote:

I hear you Tom! Back a number of years ago when I first started using usenet service, I naievely thought there was no reason not to use my real name and e-mail address. Within a week, the SPAM started, followed quickly by just about every virus then known to man, as well as a few new ones! I was also receiving sick e-mail messages from all sorts of characters. There was one guy in the news group at the time who was very rude and aggressive and I would often get into heated discussions with him. One day he asked me if I had been receiving any unsolicited e-mail and he 'fessed up that he had been using my name and e-mail address in a variety of news groups including gay groups and groups geared to all manners of sexual perversion. That explained a lot! *LOL* I called my I.S.P. that day and changed my e-mail name and address, as well as my I.P. number. I then re-entered the news groups under a nom-de-plume and I haven't had the problem since.
Add pictures here
✖
---snip---
why don't you chill ? I don't believe you are speaking for the group. you certainly are not speaking for me.
no pun intended
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
✖
'Key wrote:

None taken! :-Ţ

Hey Key "It's deja vu all over again!" Didn't we already have this conversation? <lol> I'm afraid that I just can't resist responding to Steve when he refuses my peace offering and tries to take another shot . I'll try harder Key. ;-)
Disclaimer: The writer is in no way speaking for the group in general or Key in particular. All opinions expressed are those of the writer.
Add pictures here
✖
'Key wrote:

None taken! :-Ţ

have this conversation? <lol> I'm afraid that I just can't resist responding to Steve when he refuses my peace offering and tries to take another shot . I'll try harder Key. ;-)
Disclaimer: The writer is in no way speaking for the group in general or Key in particular. All opinions expressed are those of the writer. ================================== right, we already had this conversation about the same thing. like I said, "no pun intended"
g'day
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
✖

Again... Thank you.
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
✖

Munging is ok buy spoofing is a different thing. Ya.net is going to get all your bounces and spam.
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
✖
message wrote:

doesn't matter because there is NOT a "Ya.net"
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
✖

Yes there is. Type ya.net into you browser. Or check WHOIS or needname.com
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
✖
message wrote:

when I enter "ya.net" in my browser, I get: http://www.yakinaman.com / when I enter it in google web, I get: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ya.net&btnG=Google+Search but everything but the above kicks back. when I try needname.com, it says its taken but just can't find anything with just "ya.net" that stands alone without something added in front of it.
can ya let me know of one ? if ya can ? I will change it to something else.
thanks -- "Key"
Add pictures here
✖

I can only answer you because someone else did and your question is still in his post. I seldom see signatures with Corvette related sites as you suggest and now that you're block I won't see yours.
My signature may vary.
--
IMPORTANT: This post is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
Gopish Too wrote:

Not an attorney, I'm not qualified to interpret the law << http://www.spamlaws.com/federal/108s877.shtml
Historically, the registered Usenet newsgroups have prohibited any commercial activity and such abuse can be reason to drop a registered newsgroup. In moderated Usenet groups, the moderator kills most posts with any commercial content. By local custom, the anti-commercial posture has extended to many 'alt' newsgroups like this one.
What you are doing is placing your business card before everyone in a captive audience, assembled for a purpose other than that of your business. It looks like 'intrusive broadcast advertising' and rightfully or not, irks some folk. I don't think of you as part of the 'junk fax' league but more like a 'near-relative.' I prefer to err on the side of caution in a case like this--no need to piss-off folks.
Example: I attend monthly service club meetings. Every couple of years, before a meeting, I place two of my business cards beside each plate at the luncheon table. This is verbotton in that group. During the meeting, the president makes mention of "PJ's self-serving spam" and I'm fined for my action. While this is a good-humored way of donating to an excellent cause it serves to remind everyone that the objectives of a service club (or Usenet newsgroup) should remain focused on the group's objectives and not be self-serving of its members.
Some Usenet sig-line suggestions: Were you a certified mechanic (ASC) that fact (and your specialty) might be appropriate in your sig line. Were you a race driver, mention of your formula qualification might be appropriate. If you ran a commercial racing team, you might be criticized should the company name appear in your sig line. If you worked for GM and posted from a GM email address, a sig-line disclaimer of GM's endorsement of your posts would be appropriate. (However, it might be a violation of your contract of employment to even post here from a GM email server.)
--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
✖
Sorry to disagree with you here, but I do moderate some newsgroups and a link in a sigtag is not considered spam. If Steve chose to include a written advertisement in his sigtag with a link, then it would be considered spam. Personally, I don't like sigtag links or long sigtags for that matter in alt.newsgroups at all. They just add extra bs we have to deal with.
<SNIP

Add pictures here
✖

Thank you.