OT: Is a sig considered spamming

Page 3 of 3

no, you don't have to. you can ignore it and NOT deal with it at all.
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,

Add pictures here
✖
Charlie wrote:

<< CTRL-END >>
--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe

Well its customary to post under (bottom post) what one is responding to. at least in the Harley groups that I frequent.
The Style of Bottom Posting The concept of bottom posting is very simple. Quote the original material you're replying to first, and then put your response beneath it, so that the answer follows the question (instead of preceding it as on the game show Jeopardy! -- one of the terms for the opposite top posting style is "Jeopardy-style posting"). But the devil is in the details... for bottom posting to work well, you have to do the quoting in the right style.
Some critics of bottom posting say they hate it because they have to scroll down to see the reply. If they do, then that's usually an indication that the quotes were not trimmed sufficiently. Unlike with top posting, where fullquotes of the original message are the norm, bottom posting is associated with careful trimming. Keep enough of the original message to give proper context to your response, but take out irrelevant things like signatures, ads, and disclaimers, as well as parts of the message that are irrelevant to your reply. Usually, what's left of the quote is well under a screenful, so no scrolling is needed to get to your reply.
Here's a sample bottom-posted reply, in this case a "pure" bottom-post because there is only one part of the message being replied to, and hence, no interleaving of replies is used. (The different coloring of parts of this message, seen if your browser supports it, represents how some of the better mail readers will display a properly-quoted message, with different colors for each level of quoting. Sometimes, signature blocks will also get a distinct color if properly delimited.)
http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/bottom-posting.html
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
✖
message
g'day
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
✖

So far you're the only one who's complained. And you've yet to answer any legitimate question I've asked. How can I take you seriously? I'll Google some of your posts to see if you're of any value and I'll be back to you with an appology if you are indeed a normal person.
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
✖
message ---snip---
hell, just chill and move on to something else. there is nothing wrong with a link in ones signature. there has been NO PROOF posted saying there is something wrong with a link in ones signature.
g'day all
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
✖
A few observations:
1. A lot of people are really getting carried away. 2. The more times you make Steve answer, the more times his sig with links gets displayed. 3. If Steve is contributing to the group, who cares what his sig says. 4. If Steve is posting nonsense just so his sig is visible, then that is spam. 5. Posting with a company email is dumb, unless you own the company. Bosses can be funny about you using company resources to play. 6. Do any of you own or drive a Corvette, because I haven't seen much Corvette talk lately and definitely none in this thread. 7. Night all, I got to go to bed so I can fix the power door locks in the morning.
wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖