Pack that Corvette Ric

Looks like another is headed for you.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/044423.shtml?3day?large
Kind of hard to be out driving your baby with one of these every month.

Man, has somebody put a big "Kick Me" sign on the Florida panhandle or what?
Ric if it's any help, a friend who lives in Coral Springs said this one wasn't too bad. Hope it doesn't pick up strength in the Gulf...
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060609040506090305010302 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
CardsFan wrote:

side of the storm it this time, I'm tired of us always getting the east side of them. Heck I'll take the eye over the east side any day.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Yeah, a friend from South Florida went to work out in California for the last 6 years. He has been trying to swing a transfer back to Florida and finally managed it a few months ago.
He was semi prepared. He said he was set up with his generator and all when they lost power in Katrina but forgot the generator was empty, so he was out in the storm draining the motorcycle by flashlight to get gas for the generator!
Looks like the predicted track is moving more west all the time. Actually hoping it will hit Texas. My brother is there and he says they are in drought conditions, it have been months since any real rain.

Frikkin MONSTER now!! Wow! They are predicting 20ft storm surge here in Pensacola which is twice as high as the one from Ivan, it will completely wipe off the island.. We probably only get winds in the 70's but all the water from rain & surge will beat the hell out of everything... arrgh...
I feel for New Orleans, N.O. proper is basically a bowl below sealevel surrounded by water and levees. And most of the historic building there are barely standing on their own as it is... even if it hits to the east (the east side of storms are by far worse that the west side) as it looks, all the water will be utterly devastating to them.
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

Last reports indicate that Katrina dwarfs Camille and will have a destruction footprint 4 to 5 times that of the '60 storm. I flew emergency supplies out of Sherman into the area around Gulfport & Biloxi after Camille. My crew dropped off 5 gallons of water and dried soup to each family that waived at us. I remember one family that had lost everything save for a pot and Coleman stove.
Hang in there Ric! Our prayers are with you all tonight.
..PJ
Bob I wrote:

No electricity at the house again... arrrrgghhh ;-)
Just trash and debris all over the yard and limbs & leaves in the pool.
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

Glad to hear you are ok. The news out of La and Miss is not good. Lots of destruction, lots of death, lots of unknown and a long time to get back to normal.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030801040903040300020807 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
It looks horrible!! I've been through so many hurricanes in th last 20 years I can't remember them all. Went without power for a month with Opal, 15 days with Erin, OVER a month with Ivan, and 10 days with Dennis and now working on a week with Kat. Lost everything I own, miserable heat, no gas, no water, BUT NEVER had to climb in my attic and THEN hack through the roof to get out of rising water!!!! That's frikkin terrible!!!
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

should have relocated 19 years ago. don't really understand why one live below sea level in a hurrican proned area to begin with.
no real pun entended... just my2 -- "Key"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040809050405080108030508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
FWIW I'm not below sealevel, and I pay high insurance premiums to For-Profit Corporations to live here. And don't have any problem with doing so. (although do have a big problem with how some of those corps fulfill their contracts with us) :-)
Never been eligible or asked for a nickel of FEMA or any government money. And I'll take a hurricane and the discomfort from it to live here and not EVER be land locked.
But there is a very valid argument for those in Michigan/ Ohio/Kansas yada yada having to kick in for those who aren't financially prepared to deal with property loss from storms in frequent storm areas. But that also swings both ways.. We chip in for blizzard recovery, tornado recovery, earthquake recovery, forest fire recovery... and probably somehow should be adjusted for who takes the biggest piece of the pie pay in the according biggest amount.
'Key wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

then your not in New Orleans. my mistake...
my2
--
"Key"

---snip---