paddle shifters

Am I correct that "paddle shifters" replace the clutch and stick? Are they also available for automatic trans. as well?

Last, I believe I read somewhere that the 2006 vettes have them but is this an option or std. equipment? Thanks.

Reply to
rob

Paddle shift for the Corvette is 6 speed automatic only, allows shift control up and down from the steering wheel. Option only at a ridicules price that they cut soon after introduction. In GMs case paddle shift has nothing to do with a stick or a clutch. Not sure how any of the car makers have eliminated getting the car in neutral as you would be suggesting by eliminating some type of clutch mechanism.

Reply to
Dad

Here is the info.

Billzz