Parking lot Rage

So here I am parking in the Home Depot parking lot - for our international readers, Home Depot is a very large store that sells home improvement products. And they have a LARGE parking lot.

So I head off to the farthest space in the lot in my X5 (keeping on topic for the BMW NG) - maybe 200 yards away from any other parkers. Except for a new red Corvette - the one with the wingy looking rear emblem (keeping on topic for the Corvette NG). He's parked in the last spot in the lot next to a curb on his right side.

So I park one space away from the Corvettes left and head into the store. Around us is a sea of empty parking spots.

When I return, there is a Ford F250 pickup with dual rear wheels wedged in between us. There is nowhere near enough space to open my passenger side door for my wife. I'm not sure how the Ford driver was able to get out without damaging my door, but there were no signs of damage (or there would have been a big problem).

But, if the Corvette driver returned with the pickup still jammed up against his side, there would be no way to get in. Well, through the passenger door - but that's all.

I'm still irritated..

Reply to
Mikep

I'd say the contractor has Penis Envoy.

I don't think I'd take my Vette to the Depot. I'll drive the F-150.

Spud

ps, What's the difference in an M5 and a X5?

Reply to
Spud

Take a breathe and smile! OK I understand: You're the king of your distcict, correct ? And everybody is used lick your boots everyday correct ? One failed to do this today ? Still correct ? Or was your diaper remaining unchanged ? Why are you whining ? Nothing happened.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mikep" Newsgroups: alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 8:30 PM Subject: Parking lot Rage

bla bla bla

Reply to
frischmoutt

Sometimes, I see a shiny car parked diagonally across 2 or 3 marked spaces in a parking lot. I guess the owner wants to avoid door dings, or let everyone know that he's "special" or something. If I happen to be in my beater, I park as close as I reasonably can to him, certainly close enough to make the point, even if he's at the far end of the lot.

Call me a troublemaker if you like. Hey, that's just me.

Reply to
Dean Dark

No, you're not really a troublemaker, but your are just the same as the person you think you put something over on.

Reply to
Dad

How so? Really, I don't understand.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Google it.

Reply to
D K

Call back next year. April 1, 2010 would be about right.

--

Reply to
pj

Wow thanks alot DicKhead. You must be one of those snooty German car guys. Maybe you can Twitter with Sal.

Reply to
Spud

I don't..."Twitter" with anyone.

-dk

Reply to
D K

I'm curious. Why do you want to screw with someone who has worked very hard for something, is proud of what they have, and is willing to walk a ways to keep it in nice condition? Is that some sort of affront to your sensibilities? If so, what are you doing in usenet groups for people interested in cars?

AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

Ummm, as postulated, the car's parked 200 *yards* away from other cars, so he's been careful to not inconvenience anyone else. And you go out of your way to park right next to him? Why?

It's pretty clear that you're the one begging for trouble. Let's hope you find it.

Now if he did that in a crowded parking lot, or in a manner to inconvenience others, that's another story entirely.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Sometimes, I see a shiny car parked diagonally across 2 or 3 marked spaces in a parking lot. I guess the owner wants to avoid door dings, or let everyone know that he's "special" or something. If I happen to be in my beater, I park as close as I reasonably can to him, certainly close enough to make the point, even if he's at the far end of the lot.

Notice that he only does this if he's driving his 'beater'. If he's in his shiny BMW, guess how he parks...

Mikep

Its plain to see that the Pickup owner has a case of envy . You should have put a note on his windshield asking him to have much more consideration and asking him what is behind his motive . This is why some vette owners take up two parking spots way out at the end of the parking lot ...but that too can infuriate some people who have uncontrolled jealousy.

Reply to
IlBeBauck

Yes, you are correct....hes trying to avoid inconsiderate and jealous folks who have a engrained tendency toward troublemaking.

Reply to
IlBeBauck

Why do all of you assume that I'm jealous of the car? I'm not, you're missing the point entirely.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Shove a shiv in one (or all) of the tires. You can bet the farm he'll (and it's ALWAYS a he) never park like an idiot again

Reply to
Ken

I have no doubt in my mind,after being a Corvette owner for a number of years,that IF the powers that be, would LET you bring your Corvette onto Catalina Island and park it in front of the Wrigley Mansion that overlooks the harbor,you leave for an hour and when you returned,you can bet that somebody would be parked next to you!!Even though you two have the only private autos on Catalina and the whole island to park. These dudes that park and take up two or three spaces in a parking lot shouldn't have driven the car anyway if they are that concerned about the vehicle. What's the problem with parking your car,whether it be a Corvette or any other vehicle,away from some of the inconsiderate people in this world that have no problem opening a door agaisn't it or leaving a shopping cart next to it for it to roll into it? Steve

Reply to
dembones

in article 49d10fb7$0$1659$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net, Mikep at snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMturboware.com wrote on 3/30/09 11:30 AM:

Some how ... all three of you guys (BMW, Vette, Joe the Plumber Truck) wanted to park way ... a way ... from the entrance of the shopping place for different reasons.

There was a whole sea of parking ... and somehow ... you wanted to park near the vette. A whole parking lot ... and yøu wanted company ... and Joe the Plumber wanted it that way as well for other reasons.

All of you were spotting on the fire hydrant you know ... you were, vette dude was and then the duel truck did it ... all for different reasons in the same place.

The shit behind all of this is the toddler tantrum was not handled well in your childhood ... as well as the vette driver and .. big time of course with Joe the Plumber. He had the most foxed up childhood and this kind of child abuse makes people immature, stuck in their toddler tantrum. Full of judgment, expectation, justification, invalidation, and magical thinking.

The Octomom is stuck in her toddler tantrum.

Bush the Worst is stuck in his toddler tantrum.

Were not raised in love, they have no emotional IQ, no consideration, just anger and fear and all that shit that comes with that.

THE FIX .. for all this is love.

If you want to go there and make a better life, better future ... is to fix the toddler tantrum in side ... for you, for vette dude, and Joe the Plumber, all of you must have the love burn through all that fear, anger, irritation, judgement, expectation, invalidation, justification and magical thinking .. it is where the hurt and pain is.

Love takes that hurt and pain away.

There is much more to this in the science of it ... however the quick the dirty solution to the problem ... is inside.

You did not see this coming, fear and anger is blind, thus it is so you can not see it coming.

Now in hindsight you get some vision.

Put the love inside, and you will see this coming ... and get out of the way accordingly.

No more will you have poor judgement.

Love heals that and brings vision.

People who hate their mom, are off with drugs, medicine, food, therapy, magic and making good healing ... hence they will be addicts.

People who hate their dad, are off with taking in money, paying off debt, putting a roof over their heads, and engaging in husbandry making strong healing ... hence they will get divorced, have extramarital affairs, and dead children.

To make good strong money, to make good strong medicine, to make good strong magic ... you must .. you must have that devoted love for your mom and dad like you would for the love of your life who you would die for.

When you love a woman soooo much you would die for her, what mackeral can she slap in your face that is worst then that.

Love has this kind of power, and vision.

You want to make good strong money and a happy future ... here is the way.

IMO and all that rot.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

;?

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane

Well, why would you want to purposely be a Jerk who aggravates a Corvette owner who parks his car clear at the end of the Lot ? How did you buy into this Bad-boy mentality and how would you like others doing the same to you ?

Reply to
IlBeBauck