PCM Corvette itching for action.

Pacific Coast Motorsports heads to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for the third round of the 2005 American Le Mans Series this weekend, eager to get back to action and hoping to maintain a perfect finishing record in the GT1 class.

The

2004 Toyota Atlantic Champions have belied their sports car 'rookie' status with the privateer #5 Menards-Yokohama Corvette successfully scoring back-to-back top-ten finishes at Sebring and Road Atlanta.

Sunday's race, hosted on the challenging 2.25-mile, 13-turn Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, is the second 2-hour

45-minute 'endurance sprint' of the year following last month's Road Atlanta dash and the season-opening 12 Hours of Sebring marathon.

Quickly adapting to the demands of sports car racing PCM held its own in March with Alex Figge and Ryan Dalziel partnered by Canada's David Empringham at Sebring to finish 6th in the GT1 category and 10th overall.

Last month's Grand Prix of Atlanta further demonstrated the team's dedication in extracting maximum performance from the C5-R package. Despite being up against the might of the all new factory-backed Corvette C6-R's, Dalziel caught the headlines topping the GT1 timesheets in Saturday practice.

While the factory cars ultimately set the pace on race day, Figge and Dalziel's solid effort saw the #5 Menards-Yokohama Corvette maintain a

100% finishing record with 9th overall and 5th in GT1 class at the chequered flag - and both are eager to attack the twists and turns of Mid-Ohio this weekend.

"Mid-Ohio's a great track, it definitely ranks as one of America's leading permanent road courses," sad Figge. "I don't know many drivers who don't enjoy racing there and I'm looking forward to getting out in the Corvette.

"I'm optimistic we're going to have a good weekend there. We've shown we can be fast but I think the key to a successful weekend will be maintaining a consistent level throughout practice, qualifying and the race."

"I enjoy racing at Mid-Ohio as it's a great venue and a suitably challenging circuit with all its twists and turns!" added Dalziel. "I last raced here in 2003 in Toyota Atlantics and came away with a podium finish.

"It feels like ages since the last race at Road Atlanta so I'm pretty excited to be getting back behind the wheel, not least as we've been working hard on tire gains and set-up changes which we're confident will improve our performances and keep our momentum going."

Meanwhile, the generous five week break between last month's Road Atlanta event and this weekend's Mid-Ohio race has given PCM the opportunity to take stock of their fledgling sports car campaign while planning for the future both on and off track.

The calendar gap has subsequently seen Ironclad added to the PCM sponsor portfolio with this weekend's event the first opportunity for the team to sport the Ironclad logo alongside principle team sponsor Menards on the car, driver and team uniforms, transporter and pit equipment.

Back on track the team squeezed in a short test last Wednesday, 11th May, at the Infineon Raceway in their native California where Figge and Dalziel were both on hand to put the Corvette C5-R through its paces at the Sonoma circuit - home to Round 5 of the ALMS in mid-July.

"When we raced at Road Atlanta five weeks ago it was the first time out with the new aero configuration on the C5-R and it really changed the balance of the car," commented PCM team director Tyler Tadevic. "As a result we were left playing catch-up while we tried to find a workable set-up for the race.

"Arriving at Mid-Ohio we have a great opportunity to be more competitive thanks to a productive test at Infineon Raceway last week. We all came away happy with the test results and the performance of our Yokohama's.

"We're heading into practice with a good balance on the car, having successfully worked on the aero configuration, as well as a new tire compound to add to our overall competitiveness," he declared.

Round 3 of the 2005 American Le Mans Series at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course gets underway at Noon EST, Sunday 22nd May, with live network television coverage courtesy of CBS from 1pm-3pm EST.

Reply to
JLA

Well, if it isn't the plagiarist Jim Adam! (12100 Bedford Wds Dr. #209,Raleigh, NC 27614 (919) 488-3415) It's hard to believe that you actually mirror the posts from this NG and still have the nerve or stupidity to stick your nose in here after what has been said about you! Mirror this post on your site, you scum sucking leach! You prove once again that you have no ethics!

Reply to
StingRay

So are these guys running a C5R or some other type of C5/C6

I guess Ill be watching CBS on the 22nd.

Reply to
Bababooey

It looks like a C5R

Here is a pic

JLA

Is it me or do the front fender wells on the car look huge?

Reply to
Bababooey

Reply to
Chuck

Reply to
StingRay

They look pretty big from here. Did you notice the side vent? It protrudes quite a bit.

Reply to
RichardPadilla

Try it for yourself and you should be able to confirm the same thing.

Now quit your whining and belly aching. Take a tums, put a tampon in it, do something, just leave this silly stuff out of this group

Reply to
Richard Padilla

Try it for yourself and you should be able to confirm the same thing.

Now quit your whining and belly aching. Take a tums, put a tampon in it, do something, just leave this silly stuff out of this group

Chuck wrote:

Reply to
Richard Padilla

BDragon

if he is operating afield from what he has disclosed then he is in violation of the law.

Paul H.

BDrag> Hey, Padilla, you don't like the bitching, why not stop doing it. You make

Paul H.

You guys are really a piece of work. Isn't this group about Corvettes and not about whining which you seem to be doing entirely too much of?

If all you have time to do with your life is to come up with lame gripes such as the one that Paul H has spewed, then really you should consider ending it all. Remember down the road always works better than across the street.

Also, if you are going to put something out there, at least put it in context. Yes, I also observed a cookie from the JLA FORUMS on my system that expires in 2023. But you must understand, this is a function of the forum software and many websites do the same thing as well...some of which most of you have on your systems as well.

Take a look for yourself. If you are running Internet Explorer, just click "Tools" at the top of your browser page and the select "Internet Options" Midway on that window, you will see a button that says "Settings" Click that and then select "View Files" A window will pop up. Scroll or look to the right at the top of that window and you should see a heading that says "Expires" If you click "Expires" twice, it will arrange the files in this folder by the expiration date in decending order. Here is an example of the cookies and expiration dates I found on this computer which will be similar to what you will discover unless you are using a cookie blocking program.

- exp 12/24/2099 google.com/adsense - 1/17/2038 google.com - 1/17/2038 newschannel5.com - 12/31/2034 washingtonpost.com - 5/8/2025 paypal.com - 4/25/2025 msnbc.msn.com - 11/4/2021 usatoday.com - 12/31/2025 courttv.com - 12/31/2020 groups-beta.google.com - 1/17/2038

Again, if you have a problem with the JLA site, why the heck do you visit the site in the 1st place.

Now please, quit your "bitching" and keep this immature BS out of this group.

Reply to
Richard Padilla

Jim Adam? Is that you? (12100 Bedford Wds Dr.#209,Raleigh, NC 27614 (919) 488-3415).

"RichardPadilla" wrote in message news:saBje.40545$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
StingRay

Physician, heal thyself. How many times are you going to make this point? Or perhaps, in your special case, bitching about bitching is somehow defensible, and even praiseworthy?

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan