PICS: The Corvettes Are Finally Being Rescued from the Museum Sinkhole

Finally the Corvettes are being rescued after the Museum Sinkhole. The damage looks quiet bad, as to be expected. What a tragedy. It could have been worse, but at least not all is lost and they are recovering. Amazing that one of them actually started up. Shows you the durability of these fine cars. Can't wait to see what the other remaining Vettes will do.

FROM: CR

For weeks we've been waiting on the poor, poor 'Vettes to be rescued from the National Corvette Museum sinkhole. Today the efforts finally began. Two of the eight Corvettes were plucked from the darkness below. The blue 2009 ZR1 was even able to start up and drive 20 feet.

Next on the list was the 1993 Ruby. In rough shape, she didn't emerge as beautiful as the Blue Devil. Good thing restorations will begin in August, after the cars have been displayed at the museum to show off the sinkhole's damage.

Tomorrow the crew will go after the black 1962 Corvette. The recovery will be tricky because a five-ton slab of concrete is sitting on the hood. We're glad to have heroes like these. View the attachments for this post at:

cazza13

"cazza13" wrote in message news:duidneJi4omnbovOnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Old news and be careful this web site. Years ago it down loaded a virus on me when I clicked on it. May not have come from them but just be careful.

Reply to
David Michael