Pile up in Brian Redman vintage race

I can't believe no one has posted this. It is all over the Internet.
pictures http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/bric2005
race discussion http://www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar/viewtopic.php?tG02&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sidya25b7a33a35cb4f9b9d1a3a434aed0

I can't believe no one has look at this.

I think we all looked at it Tom. Just too damn sad to put to words.
Were there any super rare cars involved - Grand Sports? Greenwoods? Yenkos?
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
Barking Rats wrote:

The pictures clearly show two Shelby Cobras, one 1969 Camaro, one 1968 Camaro, six 'Vettes of various vintages (all probably L88's and maybe one ZL1) a 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM, an "E-Type" Jag, a 1969 (or 1970 hard to tell) Boss 429 Mustang, and a 1967 or 68 Mustang coupe. I'd guess they are all "Real McCoys" as it was a "Vintage Race". If I were to put a number to the mess, I'd guess $10-$15 million. Crash analysis seems to point blame to over agressive drivers and maybe a slight timinig error on showing the green flag. Regardless of fault, a damn shame that so many really-really-really nice cars get badly damaged for *NO*GOOD*REASON*.
TomC '90 ZR1

Right - I saw that all were very nice looking vintage cars - but I'm wondering if any were 1 of 5 made or a car with infamous racing pedigree - something on the order that survived true professional racing on the world stage only to be trashed by wannabe Andretti's.
Do any of the collectible insurance policies cover the exhibition aspect of the vintage racing cars?
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
Ugggghhh...........
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler