Ping Dad

Hi Dad.
Can a set of golf clubs fit in the back of a C5? I think a club is what, about 45" long or so? I want to learn to play golf; and am wondering if
a set fits in a corvette or not. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Happy 4th to you and the rest of our AAC group.
01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II

FWIW, mine fit fine in the back of a C4.

Right back atcha. 11:04 tee time tomorrow. They expect rain early.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

I used to carry my 52" benchrest 1,000 yard rifle in the '98 in a large hard case, no problems. Some will not trade up to the C6 because they can't get 2 sets of clubs in the convertible. Yes, they fit in the C5 if you don't have a motorized cart. ;-)
--
Dad

One more gun is just enough, maybe.
Dad wrote:

What do you use for 1,000 meter rifle? I have a Barrett M99. Here is the M99 (12.7 x 99 NATO) next to my M24 (7.62 x 51 NATO). Huge difference, eh? http://www.hcast.photosite.com/RifleRange/DSCN1144.html I keep a 400 meter zero on the M24 and it does pretty good groups at 800 meters; and keep a 1,000 meter zero on the M99 and it should be able to do long shots out to 3,000 meters. In fact, a few months back I read that a Canadian Army sniper in Afghanestan got a confirmed kill with an M99 at 2,430 meters. Here is a blurb on it, in fact: http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/KillingShot_2430Metres.asp

group of 11.75 inches at 1,000 yards, never shot meters. The muzzle brake weighed more than my AR10. I no longer felt comfortable shooting a gun that can't be stopped, just change its direction of destruction, so I sold it. To populated here and tired of driving so far to shoot. Camp Perry is getting to picky and also inconvenient. Still shoot M1, M1A and an AR10, the M1A is for sale.
I got a kick out of the writers statement that an "American sniper threw him his rifle and said here, you can use this better than I can". Tell me a sniper the would give up his rifle, let alone by throwing it and saying that.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

The muzzle brake on my Barrett is huge too; and it's designed for the barrel to slide back as part of the recoil elimination. The recoil on my M99 is about the same as on my Bushmaster M4 or on my USMC M9200A1.

Depending on price and how far you are from Georgia; I will take your M1A I guess. I am on vacation the next 2 weeks. Road trip!
I have 66 acres; though I don't know how many meters that is in each direction. It takes like 10 minutes to ATV from one end to the other, give or take. I built my own range; but only out to 300 yards. There is a pretty darn big stream (10 feet across) that runs through the middle, and a creek that it feeds on the end which is as huge as a small river (maybe 30 feet across). I did shelter so I don't get sunburned - I made it 30 feet by 10 feet and have three picnic tables under it. It started as 20x10 but I extended it this year so I could invite over more friends. I made a 25 yard berm for pistol, 100 yard, 150 yard, and 200 yard for rifle, and I also cemented in a trap thrower so I could do shotgun. Now my next step is to get more targets to keep it interesting; and I am half way done bush-hogging the 300 yard.

I recently heard a funny comment from a sniper in Afghanistan. The interviewer asked what he felt about killing Taliban and Al-Qaida. He said "recoil". I thought that was pretty funny.
01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II

I have a hard time walking more then a 1/2 mile before my legs cramp up (having surgury nexyt week to bypass a blocked artery)....
BUT the last few years I have stuffed a Pride Sunsetter Handicapped scooter in my 64 (with the top down btw) and driven to Carlisle so I could ride around the 82 acreas of Corvettes and parts .. really not much of a problem .
I will admit that I have to leave the wife home to do this...
However I can fit the same scooter AND the wife in my 98 BUT I have to leave the top up... DAMN... !
Bob G.