PING: DAD! question about c4 ecm problem

I have a 1990 C4. base engine, 6 speed. All of a suddent it would start locking out my ignition as if it where reading my key chip as invalid. 5 minutes later it would reset and I could get it started agin. Suspected key switch but it always read good. Then it just shut down. No fuel pump, no turn over, nothing. Exaclty as anti theft would do but never reset. No codes from the ccm or ecm. Finally I changed out the ecm and bingo it started and ran fine. I did see to dark pins on one of the connectors. I cleaned them and hooked everything up and all was well, for about 2 weeks. This is not a dailey driver, but after approximatly 10 starts and stops it did it again. I had it towed home and again no codes and everything appeared fine. I replaced the ecm again and bang it started right back up. I am almost afraid to drive it now as I dont want to get starnded somewhere. I will probably buy a back up ecm so if it does ahppen again I can get home. I was just wondering if you might have an additional idea as to what to look for/check that may be a cause for this proble. I do have 107000 miles on it. I appreciate any help you can gie me. Thanks Ron

Reply to
hyflyer

Go to

and ask there.