Ping Dave or Dad or another regular

I bought an 01. From the VIN, can I find out what options it has? I mean, I know the obvious ones like HUD; but how do I know if it has Z51 or
some other less apparent option?
Anon wrote:

What I figured out so far:
OPTIONS I KNOW I HAVE -------------------------------------------------- 86U Magnetic Red II Exterior (1026 made) 92I Pewter Interior (1210 made) 1SB Option 2 Package AAB Memory Package AG2 Passenger Side Power Seat AQ9 Bucket Seats B34 Floor Mats CF7 Removable non-transparent roof QF5 High Polish Wheels T96 Fog Lamps CJ2 A/C with auto sense control UN0 AM/FM/CD UV6 Heads Up Display XGG Front Tire P245/45R17-89Y YGH Rear Tire P275/40R18-94Y
OPTIONS I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT ---------------------------------------------------------- F45 Real Time Damping? FE1 Soft Ride Suspension FE3 Sport Suspension G90 Rear Axle 3.15 Z51 Performance Handling GU2 Rear Axle 2.73 JL4 Active Brake Control
--
______________________
01 C5 Coupe Mettalic Red

was the only "options" offered that you have listed besides the Z51. The sway bars are bigger on the Z51 about 1.18 diameter on the front which would make a visual identification possible. For the F45 you would have a control knob on the consul for it if it is equipped with F45. You can't have both, so if you have the F45 it is not a Z51.
Dad wrote:

4 speed automatic.

Some website indicated that an auto could come in 3.15 or 2.73.

I definitely do not have that. Just the button for active handling.

Would Bowling Green even put a Z51 suspension on an automatic?

The A4 came as a 2:73, the "option" was 3:15, that's why it was in quotes. You were asking how to identify "options" so that's what I was dealing with. You could not get the 3:15 and a 6 speed so it was "auto only".

Yes, my '04 CE was a Z51 with an A4, if the front bar is about 1.19 versus .915 for the standard, the rear is .945 versus .770 diameter, then you would have other items also, like heavier shocks, stiffer spring rates, and an added oil cooler.
Dad wrote:

Would I figure out which one I have based on speed to RPM?

I don't think I can tell the difference between 1" and 3/4" by looking at it. I went to National Corvette Registry; and ordered a build sheet. It said wait 3 - 4 weeks. I'm guessing a build sheet says which options are on the car; which is why I bought it. Interesting note is they said there was already a build sheet built into my car; but it was inside a piece of the frame somewhere and you had to take the nose off the car. I think a great idea would be to have the build sheet built into the DIC. You click on some sub-menu; and it lists all the option codes.
--
__________________________
01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II

I believe mine was just under 1500 rpm at 55 but let me check the gear ratios and put something up tonight, right now I've got to make a trip tio Michigan. You can check on http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/index.php which has an online tool to calculate it for you. Good site, good people.

You can measure it with a wrench, it don't have to be that close because of the spread between the two. You can see the cooler from the hood opening down by the steering rack.
Well, I'm not a regular, but I hope you don't mind me responding.
You can't tell much of anything from the VIN on a C5. But, there should be a list of RPO (Regular Production Order) Codes in the car. These codes correspond to the options and regular items in the car.
97s and 98s have the RPO list under the driver's side cargo cover.
99s and later have the RPO list in the glovebox.
For a list of RPO codes and their meanings, check out Carmine 97's website: http://home.fuse.net/corvette/rpo.htm
The WA Paint Code is the code after BC/CC
www.c5forum.com