Please Help! í84 Speedometer Problem

Hi: Iím new here. I have had an í84 Corvette for 7 years, and put 7000 miles on it. As you can see - I donít drive it too much. I donít know what I have been saving it for. Anyway, I put a Battery
Tender on it as the battery was always going dead from sitting too long. I mention that because I thought maybe it messed something up. All of a sudden when I estimated that I was going about 35 miles per hour, it was registering 60! At about 50 mph it registers 90! My brother told me to disconnect the battery cables for a couple of days. I did that, but it didnít correct the problem. Also, the fuel mileage is horrible. I used to get about 19 around town, and I recently went 9 miles, and used about 1/2 tank. I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me. I spent $200 on a new dashboard a couple of years ago, as none of the lights were working. Everytime I used the cigarette lighter it would blow out everything. How come as soon as a dealer sees a Corvette coming they increase their prices??????????? :twisted:
Thanks in advance for any help, Joni
‚úĖ
Sounds like you had selected kilometers/hour instead of miles/hour. The conversion is very close to the numbers you are getting. As far as gas mileage, I doubt that you could really use 10 gallons in 9 miles. More likely a faulty tank level gauge. Or a leak. Yes, dealer prices are very high, but I thought everyone paid $$$$$ for repairs. For that reason, I just don't go back to a dealer for anything except warranty work.
| Hi: I'm new here. I have had an '84 Corvette for 7 years, and put | 7000 miles on it. As you can see - I don't drive it too much. I | don't know what I have been saving it for. Anyway, I put a Battery | Tender on it as the battery was always going dead from sitting too | long. I mention that because I thought maybe it messed something up. | All of a sudden when I estimated that I was going about 35 miles per | hour, it was registering 60! At about 50 mph it registers 90! My | brother told me to disconnect the battery cables for a couple of days. | I did that, but it didn't correct the problem. Also, the fuel | mileage is horrible. I used to get about 19 around town, and I | recently went 9 miles, and used about 1/2 tank. I would be eternally | grateful if someone could help me. I spent $200 on a new dashboard a | couple of years ago, as none of the lights were working. Everytime I | used the cigarette lighter it would blow out everything. How come as | soon as a dealer sees a Corvette coming they increase their | prices??????????? :twisted: | | Thanks in advance for any help, Joni
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

you are lucky a dealer even works on an 84. they don't in my area...
--
"Key"

Add pictures here
‚úĖ