pontiac g8

Hey wifes cadillac srx truck is up. Thinking about the g8 would look nice next to the 00 vette. Would be nice to have a car that fast with a back seat and every day driving. Anyone have real experience with the car. How about winter driving>

Thanks

Reply to
rebco10

How did you find the long-term reliability of the SRX. My 2007 fully loaded version absolutely sucks. I tried to get GM to voluntarily buy it back, but they had a whole sack full of excuses as to why they wouldn't/couldn't.

I've actually been considering letting GMAC reposes it as I still have three years of $750 a month payments to go. Car rides absolutely wonderful, but just constantly breaks or has one issue after another. Maybe just to many options.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Well honestly she LOVES the car. But reliability / quality I am sorry to say.. not the greatest. Not terrible either. passenger door tightened twice. engine is doing some kind of grumbling, somethimes the steering wheel locks and other small issues. Nothing like a big engine problem or no AC or differentials, beraings etc. all that is ok. Btw, she has a loaded 6 cyl 30 month lease and the payment is 517.00. I pud down like $1000 gm points and they gave us another $1500 rebate for having another GM car.

Reply to
rebco10

Pontiac is NOT one of the GM divisions that will survive Chapter 11 reorganization (or a Govt backed reorganization). Buy an Infiniti G or M awd. Keep the Vette of course.

Reply to
ACAR

Too bad your CAD is such a POS. GM mangement really should be fired for foisting this total crap on us. My Vette club is full of 2008's and 2009's. I still have only my '64. Last real Corvette was sold in '71.

Later model Corvettes seem to have the rental car interior. Even with the ZR-1, it seems like GM has been holding things back.

Good luck with your CAD. When are loyal GM buyers gonna realize that GM management is totally screwing you with its cars. GM Mangement has to be laughing their heads off.

Vito

Reply to
Uncle_vito

OK ride but Wagoner's announcement earlier this week put a ugly blot on the marque.

As with Oldsmobile, many unsold Pontiacs could go to GSA or other fleet/rental operations.

GSA would be a logical target since that could augment the 'bailout' and perhaps kill two birds with one stone.

-- pj

Reply to
pj