Popping Sound from 2000 C5

Hi Everybody,

I hear a popping sound from my C5 as the car rolls slowly backwards or forwards. The popping happens whether the car is in gear or not, or whether the brakes are on or not. It seems to be coming from the rear of the car. At first I thought there might be something caught on a wheel, or a nail in a tire, but there isn't. The sound has no rhythm and occurs randomly. I can't seem to hear it while driving above a few miles an hour - even in a parking garage where it is easy to hear sounds bouncing off the walls.

From what little I have been able to find via Google, it sounds like it might be a problem with a bearing. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Matt

Posted with NewzToolz. Free RAR, PAR, and yEnc decoders. Get your free copy at

Matt Trivisonno

Matt, though I do not think it applies to Vettes (i.e. disc brakes), the last time I hear popping sounds like what you describe, my brake drums (Chevy Lumina) were oval (not round), so they had to be machined.

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3

Reply to