Popping Sound from 2000 C5

Hi Everybody,
I hear a popping sound from my C5 as the car rolls slowly backwards or forwards. The popping happens whether the car is in gear or not, or whether
the brakes are on or not. It seems to be coming from the rear of the car. At first I thought there might be something caught on a wheel, or a nail in a tire, but there isn't. The sound has no rhythm and occurs randomly. I can't seem to hear it while driving above a few miles an hour - even in a parking garage where it is easy to hear sounds bouncing off the walls.
From what little I have been able to find via Google, it sounds like it might be a problem with a bearing. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Matt
Posted with NewzToolz. Free RAR, PAR, and yEnc decoders. Get your free copy at www.techsono.com.

Matt, though I do not think it applies to Vettes (i.e. disc brakes), the last time I hear popping sounds like what you describe, my brake drums (Chevy Lumina) were oval (not round), so they had to be machined.
Empty3
I had a 2000 corvette did the same thing it is the propeller shaft sliding in when it starts to move. If you notice the body also moves up or down every so slightly when the car starts to move this is what causes the propeller shaft to slide.The propeller shaft connects the differential to the wheel. Its pops when there is torque on the shaft and it turns. It is not a problem and it will stop if you drive it offen.
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:02:58 GMT, Matt Trivisonno