price of fuel

gas here, south of Atlanta Georgia has went up by about 50 cent /gal overnight at places. I do not worry about much, but this could get real ugly. it will be months before the refineries in the gulf are
back to full production levels. Greg
Here in ChicagoLand , 87 octane is $3.29....went up 55 cents in a day.
3.45 in places here for 87 octane On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:51:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

Here in NW Louisiana , 87 octane is $2.69.9 went up 25 over night...
--
"Key"

Here in Indiana, regular is now going for $3.19 a gallon. Went up 55 cents or so yesterday. A station in a nearby town was at $3.99. The owner explained it saying he had almost run out, and had to pay $3.50 to get what he could. Even the normally conservative local paper editorialized against profiteering today. I don't see prices going under $3.00 anytime soon, if ever. On the bright side, the percentage difference between regular and premium is shrinking. ;-(
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp.
CardsFan wrote:

Bingo! I hate to even discuss this as some 23 year old MBA will catch on and jack up the differential. (now about 20 cents in Calif.)
Somewhat tongue in cheek, this has made the Corvette the 'economy' car in our stable. Either the Buick or Corvette could beat out the G35X but the Buick ran on 87 octane fuel. The 'vette beats out the Buick by about 10% in overall mileage. That's enough to make it cheaper to drive the 'vette.
PJ

It is something to worry about because it effects just about every fashion of our society causing prices to go up over the board.
my2
--
"Key"

that is exactly what I am thinking about, everything in the USA moves by truck, it will effect everyone, everywhere, in the USA. It could be the last straw that leads to a recession or worse, a depression. now they (the media) is saying there may be thousands dead in LA and MS, this, if true is a real heartbreaker for so many people, we have friends from Ocean View, well that is where they used to be from, they got out ok, but from what they are saying there is not anything left there

The price was steadily rising before this crises; this will just push it along. Oil companies recorded second quarter profits again. surprise. The price has little to do with anything other than what we can be gouged for.

BDragon wrote:

Exactly. They use anything for an excuse. How can American refineries being unable to keep up with demand have anything to do with the price per barrel coming from Saudi Arabia before it even gets to the refineries? I remember in the 80's the Exxon Valdez incident- one out of thousands of tankers spilled its load in Alaska and all gas companies jumped on the bandwagon to raise prices because "now there is a shortage." I wonder how many oil co. CEO's are having a hard time paying their bills and putting food on their tables.
And let's not forget who's family dynasty is rooted directly in the profits of American and Middleastern Oil Companies................ not to be a conspirationist or oversimplify the oil market, but common man... sheesh.
BDragon wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010805090701060702020504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Just got to make sure the JesusLanders get tossed out by voting in numbers... Easy to say, hard to get done it seems. Heck I'm a registered Republican but HAD to vote for weak ass Kerry... The scummy Rove Machine is hard to beat without having some balls to come right back at them with their own tactics... Those Neo-Cons & JesusLanders aren't really Republicans, they have just squatted in the party. To the point that I'm changing my affiliation to Independent!!
And my Nationality to SWISS!! LOLOLOL ;-)
BDragon wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

As of Saturday night the Chevron and Mobil stations here in NW Las Vegas still had it for $2.89. I'll be surprised if it hasn't gone up. Seems odd to see the east paying more for gas than we are.
I just spoke with my brother-in-law who is in SW Florida. The gas station signs are still reading 2.50 something, but there is not a drop a gas to be had. Most of the stations have the pumps bagged and are waiting for delivery. I can only imagine what the signs will read "when" they get gas.
Brian

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060207030503010804060803 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Same here in the Panhandle, no gas to be had.. Glad I still have some 5gal cans full from the generator.
bad65 wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
JG wrote:

San Diego is lower than the East Coast. Self-serve regular ranged from 2.939 (Costco discount station) to 3.199 (Shell station) with premium still 20 cents higher. If the SUVs slack off on next week's commute and we get some car pooling we might arrest the rise. One local station couldn't post the new prices since their "flip panels" stop at a "two" as the first digit -- they gotta call the sign painter.
PJ