Problem...

Page 1 of 3
98 C5 Coupe DIC states Pull key wait 10 seconds then says service column lock... The column lock was serviced a year ago under recall anyways it will stay running until I move it about 2 feet then it
shuts off...
I would like some input on this if anybody has had this problem Thx
--
ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')

Auto Which recall did you have done? column lock It could be a failed relay from the recall. You may need the

My friend at a caddy dealer pulled it up on his scanner and said there was no codes thats why he was so puzzled

Retest with new scanner... codes that were pulled
B0432 B2588 B2593 B2597 B2721 B2723 B0503 B0508
--
ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')

For some reason they don't show up as you have them listed, here's what I found.
P0432 Catalyst System Low Efficiency Bank 2 P0503 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit Intermittent P1508 Idle Speed Low - Idle Air Control (IAC) System Not Responding B2721 Pass-Key detection circuit (out of range)
Not much to go on and only one as you show them.
Sorry, not much information and my file was created 6/22/2002 so they should have been in it.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Thx dad I will get a printout from him...
Found this here tell me what you think Dad http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?tE539

B0432 Rear Defogger Relay Circuit

B2588 Column Lock/Unlock Drive A

B2593 Column Lock/Unlock Drive B

B2597 Traction Control System Switch Circuit

B2721 PASS-Key Detection Circuit

B2723 PASS-Key Detection Circuit

B0503 RH DRL Relay Circuit

B0508 LH DRL Relay Circuit

No wonder foreign cars are taking over the market...what a lot of crap to put up with. Does GM have any engineers that know anything...????
Lone Wolf wrote:

Ah, but there's good news: If you pay extra for OnStar, you (and your service advisor) get it over the Internet. I've had an intermittent & bogus, "loose gas cap" warning for ages.
BMW doesn't do much better. My neighbor has had a bogus 'thin pad' diagnostic for over a year.
Hey GM: What we need is a 'confidence level' and 'probability' on each code. That otta keep the software guys busy for another decade.
--
PJ

I love the lone wolf reply, the original post was a try to find out in advance what the problem is. No where did he say that GM has looked at his car. Later a mechanic, not stated as a GM mechanic, extracted the trouble codes. In all his negative thinking all of a sudden lone wolf knows that GM engineers don't know anything. In all of his chest thumping about when he run his shop his activity or credentials are never mentioned. The "shop" may well have sold floor mats and he installed them with his special talent being the value added.
Can you be of any help lone wolf or do you just want to bitch about something you seem to have little or no control over, plus lack of positive impute?
Now that the codes are known it is a matter of checking the function of and the connection to each sensor that is sending a fault code. That will quickly tell you if it's problem up stream of the sensors/connection or a computer failure.
PJ- I had the gas cap problem but its ratchet mechanism had broken soon after that and would not tighten, replaced it with the cap off my other GM vehicle and the message went away. Stopped at the dealer and picked up a new cap and the message has never returned. May be that simple or it could be the sensor/connection.
No signature, don't want to push lone wolf over the edge--------
Thx Dad
--
ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')
Dad wrote:

Well said!
Thanks for the tip on the ratchet Dad. Thought for awhile that I was overfilling the tank but that wasn't the case. No sweat, the car needs a locking cap anyway. (C4 got the Philadelphia credit card treatment a couple of years back and that's when petrol was around $ 1.65 a gallon.)
--
PJ
'89 auto coupe, '02 6-spd coupe

Guess it's time to trade in those cars and buy a "reliable" Honda and you'll even have money left over to feed your family :-)
<Honda Lives> wrote in message
Grayfox, lonewolf, peter daly, etc ID
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Are you trying to trace me? Gee I must have really offended you or others by my earlier post to warrant this. Well, I was just trying to add a sense of humor.
I know that Honda will never be a performance car or in the same league but we can say it the other way too. That said, I think a good pair of cars would be a Honda and a Corvette so when the vette is in repair, the Honda can take over. I don't think there is a lot of dispute as to which will need less repairs tho it can also work in reverse too and when the Honda is in repair the vette can take over. Perhaps the best of BOTH worlds??? You know, when I dwell on this thought, I wouldn't mind that combo but I'll leave that to the owner(s) to decide <grin>.
<Honda Lives> wrote in message

Just thought it strange that someone with no history to his screen name was coming from a noted shill site as most seen to. I check all people I reply to, if they have a history of "humorous" remarks or offer nothing to the site topics I kill file them. Of course you fully intended to be accepted with open arms with your entry remarks and your screen name. There is very little humor in your remark as you well know, it was meant to stir feelings. Most times I give some on the kill file, but not always, and I'm sure you can get along without me just as I can without you.

No, I actually thought it was funny to break the ice in a way of speaking. It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously tho you seem to take it literally. And it wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you, anyone else nor to dictate what car to own.
I guess you have to have a sense of humor to understand. I wouldn't ordinarily apologize for this but if it makes you happy, I apologize for offending you and anyone else.
Anyway, go ahead and kill file me now :( .
<Honda Lives> wrote in message

hl, you really should hope he doesn't. because, you will be kill-filed by one of the most respected /vette savvy guys on this group.
just my2
--
"Key"
=====

Thank you Key for telling me. I don't at this time own a vette (as most probably could tell) but I accept your advice. However I think he probably already has killed me so I'm history. He's probably hoping I'll go away. Well perhaps I'll just lurk.
I hope someday he realizes that my post was meant as comic relief and never a put down on vettes nor a personal attack on anyone. Well I think I apologized enough. If people choose to be angry over that post now, whatever. There's only so many words I can say to apologize.
<Honda Lives> wrote in message

Dad also kill-filed me in the past. For some reason he had second thoughts. I am glad he did, because he has helped me a few times with my vette problems. I have an 84 c-4 vette and sure need some solid advice from time to time. This is really a fine group. You will see that, after you lurk for a while.
g'day to you & yours
--
"Key"
=====