Problem...

Page 3 of 3
wrote:

Yes. I think my father was the same way.
I on the other hand am willing to change as the need fits. If there isn't a need, then I won't change.
Lone Wolf wrote:

Try this:
'====================== start quote =================== Thanks. I know what the codes mean from the wonderful internet.
Even when the codes first appeared, there were no other symptoms of trouble; the pump was actually running during a cold engine start, there was no sign of pump corrosion, all the hoses looked OK.
The check engine light went out by itself about a week ago and has stayed off. I thought one needed an OBD reader to reset these warnings. any comments?
Jeff Strickland wrote: > > P1421 and P1432? (not P1423) > > > > These codes say that the secondary air system is not working correctly. The > > secondary air is the Air Pump and its plumbing that punps fresh air into the > > exhaust stream immediately after the exhaust leaves the head and enters the > > exhaust mainfold. > > > > > > > > > > > >
'===================== quoted from alt.autos.bmw ================Just thot you'd like to know
--
PJ

Lone Wolf wrote:

IF that were the case, you would be a primo engineer!
Common problem. From the Corvette Forum: Q I still get the "Pull Key and Wait 10 Seconds" message and "Service Steering Column Lock" message? What do I do now?
A1 Sometimes the latching relay in the CLB can get out of sync sending the wrong status to your BCM. This has happened to a few folks even with the CLB installed. The CLB latching relay gets out of sync with the BCM possibly due to shock, vibration or relay contact bounce during switching which confused the BCM. The CLB does not physically know which state it should be in; it only switches from one state to the other when it receives a signal from the BCM. The BCM can be reset by pulling Fuse 23 and waiting 10 seconds.
A2 Check to make sure Fuse 25 in passenger footwell is good.
A3 Verify the black wire to your ECL or CLB is grounded (zero ohms resistance).
A5 Verify the green wire to the ECL or CLB is shorted to ground while in the "UNLOCKED" position and +12Vdc while in the "LOCKED" position.
ZRiX wrote:

Thx I will look into this with a friends help as he is a little more familiar with Vette's...
--
ZRiX