problems.....

Try to start my 92 auto today. Turn key and nothing. Did not even turn over. Battery seemed OK Lights, radio, etc were strong. Also it is new ,installed three weeks ago. I sit there trying key with nothing for
about 5 minutes then it roars on. Drove it about twenty minutes and it drove fine. While driving security light flashes on and service ASR lightes up.
So whats up with car?? TIA
The VATS system would not permit starting because the resistance of the pellet in the key did not match what was stored. When I have this problem, I clean the pellet on the key by wiping on my shirit. There is a 3-5 minute wait time if the resistance does not match until you can try starting again. Do not know why ASR/Security would flash unless the CCM detected a fault. You would need to read the CCM code to troubleshoot.
Art