Problems, thoughts, advice from any 2006 owners ?

I hope to have my new Vette in the driveway by tomorrow. Got a super deal from a dealer in Michigan : 2006 LS2 base coupe package (LT1) , manual 6 speed, 8 miles on the odometer, Targa top , for $40,070 plus
tax and plates. Didnt want any of the options really --- going to put the dollars into a ProCharger system and upgraded SuperMaxx exhaust. Cant wait. Will report back once i have the dyno figures and personal driving experience from the upgrades.
Dave
Great price :)
Can't wait to see it with a procharger. Mine is 100% stock right now, still breaking it in.
------------------------------------ Mike Mangione http://www.carforums.net
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:
What a great price. That's almost a robbery,or as some would say, better than how the steelers won the super bowl. I've been pricing on the chevy website and without any options other than the added price for blue and the auto trans, it's coming in at around 44 grand. How'd you pull it off. I'm looking for a purchase in the spring of a new C6 and could use some hints. Best of luck with it you lucky dog.
'What a great price. That's almost a robbery,or as some would say, better than how the steelers won the super bowl. I've been pricing on the chevy website and without any options other than the added price for blue and the auto trans, it's coming in at around 44 grand. How'd you pull it off. I'm looking for a purchase in the spring of a new C6 and could use some hints. Best of luck with it you lucky dog.'
REPLY: Go to www.corvetteforum.com and click onto the C6 Cars for sale section ; thats where i got the deal from. Dealer is in Dearborn , Mich. and is called Les Stanford Chevrolet . Rick Daniels is the Corvette pro over there . They are the 2nd largest Corvette dealer in the nation, next to Kerbeck . Les Stanford sold 500 corvettes last year and Kerbeck sold 650. Good luck. Its a fantastic piece of engineering ... a racecar for the street with all the perks.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:
Thanks Dave. I'm about a year away. Mine is sold to my mechanic when I want to sell. Just got new tires so I think I'll drive it for a summer anyway. Looks like the boys that want the Z06 are about a year away too. Then again, if a good deal like this would come along, who knows. I'm not far from the Kerbeck area. Again, best of luck with it.