Pulsing Vibration - 2004 Corvette (Hatchback)

I'm posting this for a friend. He has a 2004 Vette. New Kuhmo tires. Hatchback (if relevant). Rims balanced. When he gets to

75-80 mph, he gets a pulsing vibration in the rear section of the car. Dealer could not find the problem. When he's doing 80, he puts the car in neutral and the vibration is still evident, so this may mean that it is not transmission related.

Has anyone any experience with this symptom? Any inputs that help us to get to the bottom of this mystery will be appreciated.

You'll probably ask whether he had this symptom prior to putting the new tires on and balancing the rims. Can't say. Vehicle was recently purchased. New tires were put on immediately. Pulsing symptom wasn't noticed until afterwards.

Phoenix, Arizona

Reply to
danhilde

i've had a warped disk rotor cause this. it only occurred when getting over

60; up to that it was ok (or at least not noticeable).

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
charlie

F45 suspension? If so, check again with it turned off. There are three different Kuhmos for that car. Another choice might be better.

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ

Until after the tires? Boy, that sure seems to tell, doesn't it?

I've had some issues on my C5, twice, related to a shudder but just while breaking, once was a rotor, once was a loose control arm.

But if it started after the tires... are they unidirectional, and if so, are they on the right side?

Have someone else balance the tires - it might have thrown a balance weight of the rim.

Venger

Reply to
Venger