Question for (PJ) /Dad, group LS-1 Mods

PJ, you mentioned in another post you have made some mods to your L-S1, please give me some tips/advise on things to enhance my L-S1. Things I have done so far are...B+B Tri-Flo headers, B+B PRT system(cats back), Bassani X-Pipe; Twin Flow air intake, and Power Duct air bridge. I plan to ad BBK throttle body, and Granatelli airflow sensor. Most I have talked with at local Vette shops advise me to stop at this point, as I have opened up Intake, and exhaust! I just have that bug(sickness lol) to get into Cam, heads, torque conv. etc. Again, most have advised me NOT to open that can of worms, and $$$! Car is not a daily driver, more of a hobby, no real plans to race, would prefer to keep it very streetable! Thanks in advance PJ, Dad, and anyone else for your input! Larry, 2001 Quicksilver, Torch Red Conv.

Reply to
L C

You need a good tuner to utilize what you have added so far. If you are going to add the heads and cam do the tuning then. Be careful of the large circle cams, way to much engine noise at normal running speeds.

Reply to
Dad

'I just have that bug(sickness lol) to get into Cam, heads, torque conv. etc.'

REPLY: If youre interested, i have a G5X2 Cam Kit for sale ; it is brand new still in the box. I was going to put it in my LS2 but changed my mind . Its the Cam, Lifters, and Rods complete. If youre very interested, ill get you the CompCams specs on it off of the box . Im willing to take a loss on it to sell it. It will fit an LS1,2, or, 6. People who have done the Cam swap report an additional 62 rwhp. at 6000 rpms for the Cam Swap with LSX intake., so the Cam alone is about 15 h.p. less.

Dave

2006 LS2 1970 (built) 454 Coupe
Reply to
dave

Nothing thrilling here on the '02. Just some tuning to improve mountain climbing and road acceleration below 80 mph. (My personal redline is 135 mph.)

Mechanically, intake, and exhaust, I'm stock. Software wise, the car was dyno-tuned to improve low-end and mid-range torque. Tailpipe emissions were undisturbed. We put in an upper limit of 5800 so engine never reaches the fuel shutoff point.

Obviously, not the sort of thing the average guy would do.

Car offers a bit more KITA than before the tune.

Reply to
PJ