Question: Not 100% on topic But its Vette Parts... (just think of it as a small C4)

So I have a kit car I would call it, its a 72 Datsun 240z, SBC ZZ4 (Bone stock) with a 700r4 attached to it, that's fine and dandy, it was a brand new (circa 2003-2005) B&M New in box tranny, Some how After 4 years of light use (less then 2k miles a year; no racing just a little freeway and drives to the beach - Toganga Canyon or PCH) I've DESTROYED Drive-3... So I took it in the mechanic i use told me 2k to get it redone... telling me that there are upgrades to the parts that i clearly must of blown out with my frat boy racing style.

First Why do you think they failed? I check fluids every time before i take it out, I've got not stain in the garage, so i don't think it was a lack of fluid.

So my Question is Do say screw it and Move to the T-56 or TR-6060? I've always wanted a 6 speed in this Z and well if i blew out 1 automatic who says I cant blow out the next?

Will a T-56 TR-6060 last better then a fixed 700r4?

I am just sick of my fun weekend car being broken....

Reply to
Evan

If you want a manuel , get one. You answered your own question

Reply to
kickstart