rack and pinion conversion kit for 1961 vette

I have a tricked out 1961 vette that is so hard to steer when starting from a stand still. The steering wheel is smaller than stock and it has wide tires on 17" rims. I have heard that a rack and pinion conversion kit is available for a 1961, but cannot find it on the internet. Am i dreaming or is it available?

Quester444

Reply to
quester444

I believe you are talking about

Buhda

theirs seem to be for or 63 - 82 vettes

Reply to
'Key

Ya I know...but I don't know of any other R&P steering for vettes....

Reply to
Buhda

You might try calling these vendors...

WayneC

I searched for a while, trying to help him, but only with same negetive results for a 61.

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
Bob I

Maybe I'm missing something on this. I think the objective was to make it easier to steer the car with a small steering wheel and wide boots on the front wheels.

How about a power boosted recirc-ball unit from an early Caddie (one without Saginaw's variable ratio worm) and a change in pitman and idler for more mechanical advantage.

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ