rack and pinion conversion kit for 1961 vette

I have a tricked out 1961 vette that is so hard to steer when starting from a stand still. The steering wheel is smaller than stock and it has wide tires on 17" rims. I have heard that a rack and pinion
conversion kit is available for a 1961, but cannot find it on the internet. Am i dreaming or is it available?
Quester444
I believe you are talking about www.Steeroids.com

theirs seem to be for or 63 - 82 vettes
--
"Key"
=====

> "quester444" < snipped-for-privacy@questexec.com> wrote in message
Ya I know...but I don't know of any other R&P steering for vettes....

I searched for a while, trying to help him, but only with same negetive results for a 61.
--
"Key"
=====

---snip---
Only R&P for a '61 I saw was complete front end swap outs.
'Key wrote:

Bob I wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something on this. I think the objective was to make it easier to steer the car with a small steering wheel and wide boots on the front wheels.
How about a power boosted recirc-ball unit from an early Caddie (one without Saginaw's variable ratio worm) and a change in pitman and idler for more mechanical advantage.
-- PJ
quester444 wrote:

You might try calling these vendors... http://tinyurl.com/rsxq2 http://tinyurl.com/ncfs5