Rag joint on a '76 shark question

I need this:

But it says that it only will fit a car that has a flat steering box shaft. Is there any reason that mine WOULDN'T have a flat spot on the steering box shaft? I haven't taken my old one off yet, but i want to order this to get it here ASAP. Any advice?

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian Penzone

that does seem strange.. when u buy the new rag joint inspect it first it may reveal your answer i repleced the rag joint on my 72 i was one notch off and it made the steering wheel off center..i redid it and it the steering was in alignment again good luck with that

JCORVETTE 72&75