Re: 2008 squeaking

OK this is now driving me nuts. I have a 2008 Vette. I have a clear top. =

It squeaks. There's been a GM fix for this to reduce the squeaking. I've ha= d that applied but the squeaking appears more with hot weather. I live in A= rizona. It's hot now! I get a lot of squeaking. What can I do to get this f= ixed?

Also, my breaks squeak. They've squeaked forever. Am I wrong to think a >=

$50K vehicle should not be squeaky?!?--Andrew DeFariaA clear conscience is= usually the sign of a bad memory.

Do you know if its your power steering by chance? I know old cars and when the belt to the power steering heats up the power steering starts to squek because the belt isnt gripping...i dont know if this is the same for the new vettes...just some input from my end

Reply to
Double C 33

I know explicitly that it is not my power steering as I can change the sounds of the top squeaking by moving the latches that keep the top in place and I can make the breaks squeak or not by merely pressing the breaks. I don't know why you would suggest power steering squeaking based on my description... ___________________________________________________________

Because he's no diagnostician - that's for sure.

You may be able to get some plastic "anti-squeak" shims for the brakes - past that, some new pads.

As for the top, you need to investigate something you can put on the weatherstrip to stop the squeak. Try the Corvette Forum for a much greater population of owners.

It's still a GM car dood. Don't presume that 50K alone changes that. Back in the day, the C3 was espensive too - and had more squeaks and rattles than anything.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

past that, some new pads.

helped, but only for a few weeks. Another time when I was replacing the tires the Firestone shop said that sometimes breaks just squeak and you could cut the rotors and replace pads but that's just how it is. I disagree. Other cars and other vettes do not squeak like mine. Both places seemed to be saying it would be way more work (read way more expensive) than simply putting in some plastic shims...

weatherstrip to stop the squeak.

the keep the top down in the front. I believe I discussed it back here before and was pointed to an official GM fix. In fact I went to the dealer and mentioned the problem and the fix and he was like "Oh yeah, we've heard of that fix, yada, yada" and they did that specific fix. It involved something like making the rollers in the latches not roll anymore and instead making them fixed. Again that helped for a while but now it's way noisy again.

Back in the day, the C3 was espensive too - and had more squeaks and rattles than anything.

squeaks but other vette owners don't (Or do they? Anybody else got a squeaky top?). And I think this only happens with the clear tops.

Reply to
Clams Canino

I know explicitly that it isnotmy power steering as I can change the sounds of the top squeaking by moving the latches that keep the top in place and I can make the breaks squeak or not by merely pressing the breaks. I don't know why you would suggest power steering squeaking based on my description...--Andrew DeFariaI used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out. . . . . Sorry i was just trying to help

Reply to
Double C 33

Also I didnt realize you put clear top, I thought you were referring to any squek...sorry about that.

Reply to
Double C 33