Re: 2008 squeaking

Years ago I had this problem with the windows on a '60 Chevy convertable applied silicone by spraying on a shop towel and wiping over the rubber seals.
No. 1 Stunna wrote:

squeaks. There's been a GM fix for this to reduce the squeaking. I've had that applied but the squeaking appears more with hot weather. I live in Arizona. It's hot now! I get a lot of squeaking. What can I do to get this fixed?

$50K vehicle should not be squeaky?!?--Andrew DeFariaA clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

The silicone stuff in the Owner's Manual helped, tops not brakes :), with both the C4 and C5. The C4 benefited most (in both handling and noise) from having the top(s), doors and frame brace adjusted by the dealer. IIRC about $ 325 for both tops.
That was three years ago and the C4 could use another dose of this. C4 not only flexes but also sags with time. Cheap fix is to turn the hearing aids off!
Check with the dealer and see if there's an alignment procedure for the top on the '08. Body rigidity should be good enough that it's a simple adjustment and won't change with time as did the earlier 'vettes. Don't overlook alignment of doors. -- pj