Re: '74 Vette question

Evidently he had a 4 wheel alignment performed recently. How well it was done, I don't know. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Somehow I doubt there was a proper 4 wheel alignment recently if it acts as you describe. Look for a disintegrated bushing and/or lost shims in the leading pivot of the rear trailing arms. The really bad problem there is the frame can rust out in that area, major repair time/cost. As a side note some shops I've seen will bend the radius rods rather that wade into correcting the adjustment points that rust badly, they should be straight.
If you start on the brakes do the complete job, if not, you are only going to be back in them again when you don't want to be.
Good luck.