Re: Corvette Trailor Hitch

on a C5, no problem. I have no idea how it handles as it was for a club member towing a trailer with a wheel chair for her and his golf clubs. Can't believe the price they get for them.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

I put a hitch on my tri-power 69 427 and towed a small trailer from St. Louis to Ft. Lauderdale, about 980 miles. It had new front tires put on the day before I left. By time I got back the tires were about shot. Somehow the added weight in the rear screwed up the front end alignment?? The trailer had two motorcycles on it. One funny thing, on the way there the engine just quit. Was going down the highway about 75 MPH and it just went dead. I pulled off the road and coasted to a stop right in front of Honest Charlie's Speed Shop of all places. The rotor punctured and it took all of 15 minutes to find it and fix it.
Al

Dad, I had alway heard that towing was not good for the rear differential. it that a myth or something? would a hitch hurt my 84 - c4 ? Would it mess with the line up, like Big Al has stated ? Really would like to know the facts..
g'day
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people

thanks for your reply..
--
"Key"

'Key wrote:

Gotta straighten out this rumor -- it's the front differential that takes the hit from towing
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
PJ wrote: