Re: Corvette Trailor Hitch

puked:

I may be just me, but for some reason the idea of a hitch on a Vette seems reprehensible... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020807040400040702000600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Me too!!!
BUT...... iffin you are gonna travel around to the shows and do the lawn chair thingie, I guess <shrugs shoulders>
lab~rat >:-) wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

So you would use one to haul your thingie??
I saw one on an Eldorado yesterday that had a flat receiver in stead of the normal square one. Looked like maybe 1/2 X 2 1/2 opening. Anybody know who makes that? Tucks up very nearly hidden behind the bumper cover.
Dad Schwinn exercise bike with a Reese hitch
Maybe the Street Rod market?
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
32 gal Rubbermaid Trash Can w/lid

Not you at all but in this case, the C5, the guy thought more of his wife than he did the Corvette. It's an automatic so his wife can drive it but beside having a transmission cooler he changes the transmission fluid every spring when he returns. His C4 had a hitch also but I've no idea how much of its miles were put on pulling a trailer. It tows that trailer to Florida and then will go to Arizona for the rest of the winter before returning to Ohio.
He gets allot of ribbing on tours but it is still an automobile. To me a wing, graphics, aero kit, high rise hoods, fox tails and mud flaps looks worse that a trailer on a Corvette. For that matter my '72 bugs the hell out of me because it's not its original color. We all enjoy them for different reasons and that's ok, they belong to the owner and he can do it his way.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

The love of a car can corrupt. Pastor Sells Town's Oldest Church To Buy New BMW
POSTED: 9:16 am EST January 31, 2006
MANTECA, Calif. -- A California pastor accused of selling his town's oldest church has pleaded guilty to embezzlement and agreed to 18 months in prison.
Randall Radic had preached at First Congregational Church of Ripon for nearly a decade before he sold the church last October for $525,000, allegedly using the money to buy a BMW. .....................................................................................

Picture this...
'72 big block coupe, air, leather, power everything, towing a pair of Harleys around the country.
My '72 led that life before I bought it. "Sweet," would have be my observation had I seen it.
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

that's the idea...
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people

not to me... my sport is also motorcycling. (has been my whole life) I use to ride my Harley wherever I wanted to go. It didn't matter how far. Then I got older, The long rides and fighting the elements are not as much my idea of a good time:-)
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people

i used to have one on my 89 to haul racing tires, as i didn't want to have to drive 500 miles on slicks. as a matter of fact, i have a hitch for a 94 in my garage that i'd be willing to let go for free if someone wants to pick it up.
regards, charlie cave creek, az
In '88 left the cold northeast for the warmer southeast. '75 Vette pulling a two rail trailer with 2 Harleys. About Petersburg, Va. heard a loud squealing noise. Turned out to be a wheel bearing on the trailer. Found an alignment shop off I-95 to take care of the bearing that had welded itself to the spindle. Continued our journey without incident and am driving the Vette today without any adverse effects on the car. Spare tire clears the hitch when dropped down.

thanks for your reply "W. Moore"
--
"Key"