Re: Dad does not always know best

I would think that with a performance pad one would be well advised to "bed" the pads.
I'm ignoring "Dad", I recently got my brakes redone. Checking the owners
manual (which can be found <A href="http://www.c6registry.com/Technical/06vetteom.pdf ">here</A>), regarding break in period and procedures for brakes, and I quote:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <H3>New Vehicle Break-In</H3>Notice: Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in...<BR><BR> <UL> <LI>Avoid making hard stops for the first 200 miles (322km) or so. During this time your new brake linings are not yet broken in. Hard stops with new linings can mean premature wear and earlier replacement. Follow this breaking-in guideline every time you get new brake linings.<BR></LI></UL></BLOCKQUOTE>There is no other "break-in"procedure listed and I assure you I did not make any hard stops in the first 200 miles.<BR> <DIV class=moz-signature>-- <BR><A href="http://defaria.com ">Andrew DeFaria</A><BR><SMALL><FONT color=#999999>Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.</FONT></SMALL> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Roy, you want him to think that brake pads need to sleep with someone to prove their performance?
On the other hand he is now pointing out the same thing I told him but I didn't use a big word like "elaborate" so he wouldn't be confused, didn't work.
I have to agree that I'd don't always know best, I thought he could be helped, wrong.
I'm ignoring "Dad", I recently got my brakes redone. Checking the owners manual (which can be found <A href="http://www.c6registry.com/Technical/06vetteom.pdf ">here</A>), regarding break in period and procedures for brakes, and I quote:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <H3>New Vehicle Break-In</H3>Notice: Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in...<BR><BR> <UL> <LI>Avoid making hard stops for the first 200 miles (322km) or so. During this time your new brake linings are not yet broken in. Hard stops with new linings can mean premature wear and earlier replacement. Follow this breaking-in guideline every time you get new brake linings.<BR></LI></UL></BLOCKQUOTE>There is no other "break-in"procedure listed and I assure you I did not make any hard stops in the first 200 miles.<BR> <DIV class=moz-signature>-- <BR><A href="http://defaria.com ">Andrew DeFaria</A><BR><SMALL><FONT color=#999999>Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.</FONT></SMALL> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

Andrew has said that he is ignoring Dad, restated breaking in periods that everyone knows (I guess this is news to him), and that his brakes were redone. I would like to get some information that is meaningful such as how the brake job is performing, what changed, etc. That would be helpful.
Drake_893 wrote:

It would also have helped if someone had told him that he is not supposed to post HTML in newsgroups.

He has been told that and as you can see he knows much more than the mortals here.

I have some new semi-metallic pads for my '68. I promise to put them under my pillow tonight.
That said... if the brake fairy takes them and leves me a quarter for $50 pads - I'm blaming you.
-W

No, no, the brake fairy like the tooth fairy leaves a quarter a piece.!
It's in the fairy manual. Just ask Andy.

If we scored usenet... you'd get a killshot for that one.
-W