Re: Diminished Value?????

---snip some---

Carfax is useless... I got one before I bought my 84. the report seemed to be a good report. after I bought the car, I noticed that it had been in a wreak It was repaired quiet well but, never the less, it was wreaked.
my2 on Carfax
--
"Key"
=====

A couple of years ago I sold a 1987 Pontiac Fiero that was listed as a total wreck..salvage titled car.. got a new legal clean title after I repaired it.. Sold it to a Fireo nut and he said he had checked the carfax and it came up as no record of accidents..GO FIGURE..!!!!
In my younger years, I had an issue over some drag racing, and got an arrest record.
In applying for a job requiring security clearances not long after, a background was run and I dutifully listed it. In the report on me, there was no record of my record.
If they can't find stuff like that on security clearances, what makes you think car records would be better? Carfax is known to have many issues with missing important information.

Tom in Missouri wrote:

As I understand it, Carfax is a voluntary program, not a law. It involves participating insurance companies, repair shops, and dealerships. If a car is repaired by a shop that doesn't participate, and/or the repairs are authorized by an insurance company that doesn't participate, then nothing shows up on Carfax.