Re: - Does a 2000 C5 Have Brake Pad Sensors?

I guess my mechanic was just trying to sell me some brake pads. He said there were no sensors on the C5, which I found hard to believe. The car has 35,000 miles on it, so his recommendation to change the front pads was at least plausable.

I see that the front pads are worn down more than the rear pads, but I think they will last longer than the mechanic's two-week prediction. Can I assume that they will be fine until I hear the sensor-screeching noise?

Thanks, Matt

L DaV>There are pad wear sensors on the inner factory pads.

Thanks, Matt

Posted with yEncExpress. Get your free copy at

Matt Trivisonno

I wouldn't wait until you hear the sound. But, just check them yourself. It's pretty easy with the open wheels. Just grab a flashlight and possibly a mirror to see how much is left on the pads. Check both sides as they wear differently.

Reply to
L DaVinci

=========== front pads wear much faster then rear pads simply because they do much work in stopping the car....

BUT my point is that Pads are cheap..and are very easy to install..

Personally I would change them all (front and rear) In any case I sure would not be waiting to hear the indicators "sound off" telling me I waited too long...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to