Re: Europe Loves The Mustang

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:08:02 GMT, the guvnor wrote something wonderfully witty:

ship back the

Actually that isn't it. It is the same reason they are consuming all the Portland Cement, Timber, re-bar, and other construction materials they can get their hands on. They are in the process of building a series of massive Hydro-Electric projects and cities surrounding them from scratch. This is so they can build and power the factories that they do not currently have in order to produce all the components of the products they mostly only assemble now.

They are also having a tad of a problem with quality in their domestic car market and aren't making many strides in correcting them. I maybe a little off but the average all in cost for Japanese auto worker is ~$60 an hour. A Korean's is ~$22, and a Chinese about ~$2. Right there that ought to tell ya something.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:12:05 GMT, the guvnor wrote something wonderfully witty:

Currencies usually bounce all over the place based on all sorts of reasons both domestic & foreign.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:29:45 -0400, G wrote something wonderfully witty:

Cheap is relative to others in the class. Right now the Europeans don't really have anything to compete against it at its price point even with tariffs & VAT. Plus it is American muscle admired and lusted for since the very first version back in `64.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:27:27 GMT, the guvnor wrote something wonderfully witty:

Nor were the French, but hells bells man it was a war that wasn't being fought to win. According to some it wasn't even a war, it was a policing action.

It was being fought to maintain a status quo. We (the Americans & UN troops) simply decided it was no longer worth fighting for the goal of a stalemate. Many other countries from the UN where there with us as well. They didn't fare much better either with the exceptions of the Koreans who had a rather perverse method of dealing with an attack on one of their Fire Bases.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:46:29 -0400, Sarah Czepiel wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well they do have a certain level of power since the are a nuclear nation and the people are a little hyper in their attempts to eek out an existence as a subsidence farmer.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:32:07 GMT, "Larry J." wrote something wonderfully witty:

All depends, as Argentina taken any of their sheep farming Islands lately?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

It's what they've done with any junk that the americans have ever come up with, that's for sure.

Reply to
Kenshlock de la Fehrêtte

Well, no, I'm not an idiot, and I do know that China has about 90 submarines, more than 5,000 combat aircraft, an army of more than two million, and they have also just committed an additional $10 billion toward a updating the navy. Yes, it'll take a while, but fighting the Chinese is not a slam dunk. After all the bombs are dropped and all the missiles shot someone still has to go in and take possession with boots on the ground.

BTW, I was a staffie... CincPac, CincPacFlt, NATO South, ComFairMed, SubLant

Reply to
Joel Jacobs

I'm killfiling the whole mess....

Reply to
Joel Jacobs

The Communists fought to win and beat America.

Reply to
the guvnor

Ugly Sarah, a stay at home *old* housewife pretending that she knows more about the navy at than someone who was in it??

Reply to
the guvnor

Admired and lusted over for it's van style suspension?

Ever wondered why that despite being cheap and nasty, American cars still don't sell?

Reply to
the guvnor

Because I'm a quality European surrounded by quality things, innit.

Reply to
the guvnor

We sent it to your masters in Israel.

Reply to
the guvnor

Is so, you've not noticed that all your belonings have "Made in PRC" on them?

Reply to
the guvnor

So why has yours stopped bouncing, and started free falling?

Reply to
the guvnor

Of course you do.

Reply to
the guvnor

I own not one thing that says "Made in PRC" on it.

Reply to
America the Beautiful

Those nasty Israelis will blow up anything that moves, remember what they did to your USS Liberty?

Reply to
the guvnor

Must have gotten blown up on a bus with 15 kids on there way to school.

Reply to
America the Beautiful