Re: Europe Loves The Mustang

Page 6 of 9
wrote:

That's probably your best move, Chief Petty Officer considering your previous comments were, to be polite, "exaggerated claims".
Quoting CPO Jacobs: " After all the bombs are dropped and all the missiles shot someone still has to go in and take possession with boots on the ground. "
No one will bother to go in " with boots " Chief Petty Officer because the whole place will be radiated. What would be the point?
As I suggested to you before, leave the details of global strategic defense to the experts.
wrote something wonderfully witty:

As in GW I & GW II after all the missiles were fired and all the bombs dropped it still took boots on the ground & treads if you like to take possession and set up control.
It doesn't have to be a nuclear exchange. In today's battlefield first one takes control obtains air superiority, then one wipes out the command & control infrastructure from the air. This is followed by all major infrastructure rendered useless from the air. Finally treads & boots need to move in to mop up and take possession of what is left.
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

Chief Petty Officer Jacobs challenged me with the following: "Do an online search, nothing fancy, just check out the ICBM status, nuke warhead status, submarines, surface navy, and airplanes..... there's other stuff, but that'll do. "
Strategic nuclear forces....and I responded with the figures for China's conventional as well as nuclear force strength in these specific areas.
CPO Jacobs responded: " After all the bombs are dropped and all the missiles shot someone still has to go in and take possession with boots on the ground. "
My response: No one will bother to go in " with boots " Chief Petty Officer because the whole place will be radiated. What would be the point?
CPO Jacobs brought up the nuclear option. I finished it.
China isn't going to launch a first strike on the United States because they wouldn't survive it.
No need to go " boots in" when everything is molten glass.
--
Would you buy rusted car parts from this man ?

http://img147.echo.cx/img147/7369/guvnor4pn.jpg
wrote something wonderfully witty:

why did we go "boots in" into Japan after WW II and their surrender?
Good tea? Cheap Japanese food? Access to raw materials? Inquiring minds and all that.
(Whoops Japan doesn't have any raw materials, that's why there was a Pacific War to begin with).
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

Are you clumsily attempting to compare WW2's Japan with modern day China? You pointed out China is a nuclear nation. At the height of it's power the USSR didn't want to take on the United States in a strategic nuclear war. If the United States got into a war with another nuclear nation encompassing the scope and the intensity of WW2 no one would be left standing in our enemy's territory.
Even Saddam Hussein understood our meaning when he was informed we would use " all available force " against him if he used chemical/biological weapons on us in 1991 in the Gulf War.

I would think the answer to that is obvious. We only had two nuclear weapons in our inventory and used both of them on two cities in Japan and neither one was the capitol of power. In any scenario involving the Chinese attacking us with ICBMs we would strike back with hundreds if not thousands of nukes in ensure they would never be able to hit us again.
Ken Ehrett wrote:

That makes me feel so safe. Los Angeles and San Francisco and Seattle wiped out -- millions of casualties. But those damn commie chinks will learn their lesson. Their casualties will certainly be much worse.

I live in Maryland. I don't care if California and Washington and I'll even throw in O-RE-gon falls off the face of the earth.

What do you have against Maryland? ...... :)
Sarah Czepiel wrote:

I was born (Baltimore, Mercy Hospital, 1947) and raised in Maryland until I became 18 years old and fled. Now I live in Idaho and California. If I could pick a spot to wipe from the face of the earth, in collusion with the Chinese Commies, it would be Maryland, which has become the District of Columbia Greater Metropolitan Area. It's nothing like what I knew as a child. It's suburban sprawl, a megapolis, artificial and gross beyond description. I pity you.

I couldn't agree with you more. Terrible traffic, congestion, and too many toothless watermen driving 30 mph and clogging up the roads.
Ken Ehrett wrote:

And what do you think the rest of the world would be doing during all this?
--
"The Brits are bad at everything, including butt shagging." Larry comes
to terms with rejection 20 may 2005

Cowering in a corner like they do now.
--------
BOB wrote:

LOL! Of course, BOB is too clueless to realize that he walked right into that one!
Curtis
--------
Sarah Czepiel wrote:

You never really were clued up to reality, were you.
--
"The Brits are bad at everything, including butt shagging." Larry comes
to terms with rejection 20 may 2005

What did the rest of the world do when we went into Iraq? Nothing. Reality is you did nothing but make minor manuveurs to make our job a bit more difficult but you're never going to stop us because we're a superpower.
--------
BOB wrote:

LOL! Of course, BOB is too clueless to realize that he walked right into that one!
Curtis
--------

Not so dear, not so - didn't those mighty world powers Tonga and Tuvaly back you up? Never mind, you clowns are still floundering around in there. Why don't you learn from your mistakes - god knows there have been enough of them. Next time you amateurs stumble in where you are neither wanted nor needed perhaps your political masters will have an exit strategy. That would be a first for you, wouldn't it dear.

Sarah Czepiel wrote:

You never were short of sifile material, were you.

--
"The Brits are bad at everything, including butt shagging." Larry comes
to terms with rejection 20 may 2005

?
Sifile?

--------
BOB wrote:

LOL! Of course, BOB is too clueless to realize that he walked right into that one!
Curtis
--------

Well, no, I'm not an idiot, and I do know that China has about 90 submarines, more than 5,000 combat aircraft, an army of more than two million, and they have also just committed an additional $10 billion toward a updating the navy. Yes, it'll take a while, but fighting the Chinese is not a slam dunk. After all the bombs are dropped and all the missiles shot someone still has to go in and take possession with boots on the ground.
BTW, I was a staffie... CincPac, CincPacFlt, NATO South, ComFairMed, SubLant

Ugly Sarah, a stay at home *old* housewife pretending that she knows more about the navy at than someone who was in it??