Re: GM problems

>Tell me the difference between the hand build Ford and the hand built >>Grand

>>sport? Both will be an exclusive club populated by hand built replicars. >>By >>the way the REAL GS was a hand built race car as were the Fords. The point >> >>is that they were both bitch'n cars but both hand built and it's the >>only >>way they will be produced in this day and age. Myself I'd take a nice >>Studebaker over a factory hand built Ford at that price. Yes, I own a Ford >>but I'm not a fan of factory hand built rip-offs, Ford or otherwise. > > Can you drive the GT 40 on the street? That GS replica isn't street > legal. >

They will build it any way you want it, that includes street legal. Ask Ford to build it any way you want it, say with a 427, 428, or the 429.

What can I say, it's a Ford or it's a Corvette, is there a choice?

Reply to
Dad

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:33:18 -0500, "Dad" puked:

For 140,000, I would want to be able to drive it on the street. That being said, for the same scratch you could have a nice collection of Vettes, which would be my preference...

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat

There you go, a club member has done that over the years. From the newest down it go something like a 90 ZR1, 84, 69 L88 (a real one), 67, 65, 58 (his driver), 57, 56, 55, 54, & 53. Quite a few were bought new except the ZR1 that was an after thought. The only one I have ever driven is the 55 at a show, he seldom goes any more. Yes, he's older than me by 7 years and 1 month, didn't think that was possible, did you? I doubt the original layout of funds would be $140,000, but would break that for all of the upkeep etc.. He really busted up the 58 once but had it totally rebuild because it tends to be his favorite.

Reply to
Dad