Re: Letter from GM

WTF? The head of GM flew to DC in the company Learjet. Cost to GM: $20k. Cost for a seat on a commercial airliner, even first class: Less than $1k.
It may be a drop in the bucket, but if I fail at my job, I don't get rewarded with cushy perks. He was there to beg for money. Taxpayer money. Call it symbolic, but I don't want one drop of my taxes going for someone's private jet. Fly coach like the rest of us.

The executives of these financial firms are known for taking 50%+ of the company profit home in their own pockets. We're talking about firms with 100k employees, and half the company earnings go for bonuses of a dozen people. The latest to go under (sorry, losing track of which is which) handed out a quarter of a BILLION dollars in executive bonuses last year.

Not like I have much choice, but if personal earnings are going to bonuses and UAW contracts, I might as well get a new Corvette out of it.