Re: Letter from GM

> Listen they had those private jets long ago and they are for business > use. They probably save the companies lots of money over regular > commercial air travel over the years. But now you complain about them. A > very inconsistent stance my friend.

WTF? The head of GM flew to DC in the company Learjet. Cost to GM: $20k. Cost for a seat on a commercial airliner, even first class: Less than $1k.

It may be a drop in the bucket, but if I fail at my job, I don't get rewarded with cushy perks. He was there to beg for money. Taxpayer money. Call it symbolic, but I don't want one drop of my taxes going for someone's private jet. Fly coach like the rest of us.

> I agree - you have! Especially since you only see the 1/100 inch hole > and are ignoring the 22 foot one!

The executives of these financial firms are known for taking 50%+ of the company profit home in their own pockets. We're talking about firms with 100k employees, and half the company earnings go for bonuses of a dozen people. The latest to go under (sorry, losing track of which is which) handed out a quarter of a BILLION dollars in executive bonuses last year.

> If you truly believe we all do pay for it one way or another then it > doesn't matter how they steal it now does it? >

Not like I have much choice, but if personal earnings are going to bonuses and UAW contracts, I might as well get a new Corvette out of it.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light