Re: OT- prepping car for daughter at college

Sounds great. Check the car out and get AAA. Also inform here in what to do if in an accident, what to do if broken down at night, if she gets in a road rage incident, etc.

I did the same for my four kids with no problems.

You have a reliable car. That is a very good point. For two of my kids the cars weren't that reliable. Oh the joys of the 'repair weekend' when I would drive the 2 hours to college and repair their cars in the parking lots.

Vito

> Just to be upfront, my daughter doesn't have a Corvette but I thought >> since this group has a bunch of car enthusiasts, they might still be >> willing to help another car owner (I hope). >> >> She wants to take her small car (corolla) to college which is about 2 >> hours from home (in Austin, Texas). She isn't too car inclined so I >> want to prep the car for the moderate winter there and mild spring. >> Actually the car is in near mint condition (4k miles on a 2004 model >> and garage kept to date). I think the only things I want to do is >> check fluids (maybe change oil, check belts and fluids, check tires, >> change battery). I was thinking of getting her AAA membership in >> case. Her car will be kept outside under a metal covered roof at an >> apartment complex. It is insured presently just for liability (I >> think $500 ded). >> >> Any other ideas or thoughts? thanks all. > > you could add full coverage insurance. > if you're not worried about insuring the car ? > why worry about anything else about the car ? > > my2" > -- > 'Key > ===== > > >
Reply to
Uncle_vito