Re: OT- prepping car for daughter at college

Just to be upfront, my daughter doesn't have a Corvette but I thought

>since this group has a bunch of car enthusiasts, they might still be >willing to help another car owner (I hope). > >She wants to take her small car (corolla) to college which is about 2 >hours from home (in Austin, Texas). She isn't too car inclined so I >want to prep the car for the moderate winter there and mild spring. >Actually the car is in near mint condition (4k miles on a 2004 model >and garage kept to date). I think the only things I want to do is >check fluids (maybe change oil, check belts and fluids, check tires, >change battery). I was thinking of getting her AAA membership in >case. Her car will be kept outside under a metal covered roof at an >apartment complex. It is insured presently just for liability (I >think $500 ded). > >Any other ideas or thoughts? thanks all. >

I'm going to assume she already has a cell phone, most have break-down coverage as part of the plan. Your insurance Company may offer it as well.

If you use "all" the Services of AAA Membership, then it is worth the price.

Now based on two-daughters already through University, no car first year. Two tempting, alluring and distracting.

Reply to
Zomby-Woof