Re: Popping Sound from 2000 C5

Hi Empty3,
Yes, you are right, my Vette has all disk brakes.
I noticed another detail: the popping sound only occurs when the car begins to move, wether forward or backward. So I start the car, shift into first or reverse, let out the clutch and then hear a popping sound or two and then no more as I continue to drive. I also tried turning off the engine while drivng so I could hear better. As the car coasted to a stop, there was no popping sound, so it is definately only as described above.
Thanks, Matt
Posted with NewzToolz. Free RAR, PAR, and yEnc decoders. Get your free copy at www.techsono.com.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020004090202080209070600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I had what you describe on my '94 ragtop. It was the rear wheel bearing. So I did all U-joints at the same time. I think it was around 70,000 mi.
Matt Trivisonno wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler