Re: "Skip Shift" elimination in 1993

I want to eliminate the 1st to 4th "Skip Shift" in my 1993 six speed.

>Does anyone have experiance with this? Will it scew up anything >else? Thanks

Yes, easy change, all you need is a 2.2k-Ohm 1/2 watt 5% resistor, Radio Shack number 271-1171, .99 cents for 5, and plug it into the lead to your transmission, done.

Many sites on the net have picture instructions on how to install it.

Reply to
Dad

The '93 is OBD-2. He can disconnect the skip-shift without worrying about any codes being set. It's around '95 and later that GM switched to OBD-3 and you need the resistor.

Reply to
Kevin J. Phillips

Now you're one up on me, I was under the impression there is an OBDI and then OBDII, 1/1/1996, but the OBDIII is still in the development stages. Some vehicles were changed over to OBDII as early as 1994, Corvette was one of them. Ether way you need to at the very least seal the wire contacts to prevent a corroded mess that can't be re-attached if needed. My uninformed guess would be that the 1993 is an OBDI system but would react as you suggest as I've never done one and would have given the computer the resistance needed to fool it all the time.

Back in 1997 I saw allot of lip flapping about OBDIII but most were still talking about when it would happen even in 2005. Even

, home of OBDI and OBDI is still under construction. Kalifornicate is the state that is pushing for it so they can read your vin number and your misfire codes while in traffic and send you a citation.

Reply to
Dad

I have NO clue as to what my 95 has...OBD 1 2 or 3 who knows... BUT I do know I unhooked my 1st to 4th shift "plug" about 2 days after I purchased the car 10 years ago.... NO Light, NO fuss..and NO problems with the Emission Police...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Naaa I just yanked mine, been fine for 12 years. :-)

And it's a much more solid car than say...... a C5.

Dad wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

Acckk. You're right, I got a bit confused there on the OBD numbers...

Reply to
Kevin J. Phillips