Re: "Skip Shift" elimination in 1993

Radio Shack number 271-1171, .99 cents for 5, and plug it into the lead to your transmission, done.
Many sites on the net have picture instructions on how to install it.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

The '93 is OBD-2. He can disconnect the skip-shift without worrying about any codes being set. It's around '95 and later that GM switched to OBD-3 and you need the resistor.

and then OBDII, 1/1/1996, but the OBDIII is still in the development stages. Some vehicles were changed over to OBDII as early as 1994, Corvette was one of them. Ether way you need to at the very least seal the wire contacts to prevent a corroded mess that can't be re-attached if needed. My uninformed guess would be that the 1993 is an OBDI system but would react as you suggest as I've never done one and would have given the computer the resistance needed to fool it all the time.
Back in 1997 I saw allot of lip flapping about OBDIII but most were still talking about when it would happen even in 2005. Even http://obdiii.net/ , home of OBDI and OBDI is still under construction. Kalifornicate is the state that is pushing for it so they can read your vin number and your misfire codes while in traffic and send you a citation.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Acckk. You're right, I got a bit confused there on the OBD numbers...

I have NO clue as to what my 95 has...OBD 1 2 or 3 who knows... BUT I do know I unhooked my 1st to 4th shift "plug" about 2 days after I purchased the car 10 years ago.... NO Light, NO fuss..and NO problems with the Emission Police...
Bob G.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070901040906010901090909 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Just unplug the connector at the side of the tranny..... There are two there, if you get the wrong one the reverse lights won't work. Just Pull one and check reverse lights. :-) No need for a resistor. Just unplug and put some tape over the end for dirt.
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler